Chapter 7

Author's note: photo of Kara

"What's that," Ezra asked.

I opened the box and inside was a slice of cheesecake. With chocolate he wrote "Love U 2". 

"That looks delicious. Can I have it?" He asked, pulling out of the spot.

"I suppose so," I said.

"Thanks Addy," he said. "I want you to be very careful around that guy. I can't put my finger on it but there's something there."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"He just feels familiar somehow," he said.

"Well he's coming over tomorrow. You can check him out some more then," I said.

"I think I got all I'm going to get for now," he said.

We got to the Palace and I gave him the cheesecake before going up to shower. I felt so bad about Tim. I decided I would go visit him after Nicholas left.

I picked out an outfit that would be appropriate for both. It was a blue and white plants print beaded decor split sleeve top which I will wear with white leggings.

I sent a text to Oscar. Hopefully he will take me to see Tim tomorrow.

Me: Oscar, Tim is in the hospital. Do you think you can take me there tomorrow?

Oscar: Of course I will. What happened?

Me: Katrina said he got into a car accident and isn't healing properly.

Oscar: I'm sorry to hear that. When did it happen?

Me: Today I think. Before our date.

Oscar: That's a shame. What time do you want to go?

Me: 3pm?

Oscar: Ok. I was coming over anyway. Kara wants a date. See you then.

Me: Later.

Before I went to bed I went up to my parents' suite. My father answered the door.

"What's up Addy?" He asked.

"I just wanted to tell you guys that Nick was coming over around eleven tomorrow," I said.

"Your mom is in the living room," he said.

My mom was asleep in her recliner. I wasn't sure if I should wake her or not when she jerked awake. She looked scared.

"Mom, are you okay?" I asked 

My dad came running in.

"Another nightmare, darling?" He asked.

"Yes. The Moon God got me. I couldn't get away," she said.

"It's okay, darling. He's gone. We haven't seen him for sixteen, almost seventeen years," he said.

"Baby girl, what did you want?" She asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that Nick is coming over tomorrow around eleven. I really want you to meet him," I said.

"I will definitely meet him. Oh how exciting. Addison's first love," she said.

"Don't embarrass me, Mom," I said.

"Don't worry. I won't embarrass you, my darling second born daughter. I will be the picture of a courtly Queen if you so desire," she said.

"Just be yourself, Mom. You are wonderful just the way you are," I said. "How often do you have nightmares about the Moon God?"

"Not often. I think I am just afraid of him returning more powerful this time. We didn't even see his full power," she said. "He only gave us a taste."