Chapter 16

Author's note: picture of the dress.

Over the next few weeks, I had fun buying whatever I could think of with Jace's card. At the end of the day though, I still missed him and waited for him to contact me.

I know I shouldn't give in but this mate bond business was no joke. If I thought Aiden was my mate, I was definitely mistaken. The only one I yearned for was Jace. But what if that was a trick.

I decided to call my mother. She picked up on the second ring.

"Addison, what's going on?" She asked.

"I can't do this, Mom. I thought I was strong enough but I can't be without him. It hurts," I said.

"That's your choice to make darling. I can't make that decision for you," she said.

"But what if it's a trick. What if he did something to me?" I asked.

Jace: It's just the mate bond, love.

"It's the mate bond. Wolves have gone crazy without their mates. It's not just in death but a long separation can do it," she said.

"I think I am going mad. I swear I can hear his voice but that's impossible," I said.

Jace: It is me. It's not impossible. I can talk to and touch you from anywhere.

"That's not true. If it is Jace, he doesn't have boundaries. Trust me. Plus your dad and I can communicate over great distances. You're not so far from him. Call him if you must," she said.

"I can't call him Mom. Not after what he did to you. You still have nightmares about the last time he was here. The Moon Goddess was cruel to pair me with him," I said.

Jace: I'm so sorry. I will make it up to her.

Me: stop talking to me.

Jace: if that's what you truly want.

"I can forgive but I won't forget. It took a lot out of me. I couldn't even trust myself," she said.

"If you could have the memory taken away, would you?" I asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's a part of me now. Who knows what else I will miss if it were gone," she said.

There was a knock on the door.

"I better go, Mom. Someone's at my door," I said.

"Talk to you later darling. Bye," she said.

"Bye Mom," I said.

"Come in," I called.

My door opened and in walked Aiden. He looked incredible and he smelled just the same. I patted the bed next to me and he sat down.

"I'm sorry to bust in on you. I just can't get you out of my mind," he said. "I know you're supposed to be his mate but I don't know."

"I do. You were right. We're not mates," I said.

He reached over and kissed me. I could feel an explosion on my lips. I gasped and he used that exclamation to add his tongue into the mix. I could feel myself getting wet. I leaned back and he climbed on top.

He took my shirt off and Ezra whipped open the door. "What are you doing in here?" He said.

"Nothing," I said trying to cover up. "Why are you constantly barging in on me?" I asked.

"Why are you constantly pregnant in my visions," he asked.

"It's not your job to police my genitals. You have to let me do what I am going to do," I said.