Chapter 21

Author's note: bonus picture of Addison.

Three weeks later and things haven't improved much. My belly had grown substantially. You could definitely tell I was pregnant. I had about three more months until I gave birth. I was further along than Sara and Kara.

Oscar's mood hadn't improved either. Though he was grateful that they both were having singular births, Sara was driving him crazy with all of her demands. He stopped sleeping with Lara all together for fear of another pregnancy. 

Things with Jace were improving. I told him what Aiden told me which he said he already knew. I told him that Aiden remembered what happened before I traveled back. He confessed that he remembers too. Said he was embarrassed about how he acted and was grateful for the opportunity to react differently.

I haven't seen Aiden since we failed to remove the bond. Since my mom has improved once my dad let Jace heal her, we would be returning to his pack tomorrow. I was nervous about seeing Aiden again. I didn't know if my attraction had grown for him. My longing certainly had, which made me afraid of how I would respond to him.

I was making my way downstairs for dinner when I met Jace. He took my arm and walked me down the stairs. He pulled out my chair for me then sat down beside me. My parents sat at the top of the table with Ezra on my other side.

"Don't worry Addy. It's going to be fine," Ezra said.

The omegas set out an assortment of pastas. I chose the alfredo penne with chicken and broccoli for my first plate. Jace got spaghetti with meatballs. Ezra got the spicy chicken fusilli while my parents both had the chicken carbonara with angel hair.

We mostly ate in silence. I was so hungry I thought I could handle four plates. My appetite had increased so much. The doctor said I wasn't eating enough so I now had license to pig out. I grabbed some garlic bread 

I got lost in the food trying a little of everything. Once I was done, Jace escorted me upstairs for bed. He undressed me then kissed my belly. I put on a nightgown and went to sleep.

***** 

The next morning Jace drove with our luggage to his pack. I teleported him back so he could drive me and my car back. Aiden was swinging on his porch when we arrived. I could smell him from across the street and felt the urge to go be with him.

He looked content just watching us and swinging. He was dressed in jeans and a black tee shirt. He looked really good.

"You're staring," Jace said.

"I really want to go over there," I said.

"Then go. I trust you," he said.

"I don't know that you should," I said.

"Don't be silly. I'll go unpack. You have to get used to living near him anyway. Go," he said.

I tried to ball up all of my willpower as I made my way over to him. He stopped swinging as I  neared but did not stand up. I sat down beside him and he began to swing us.

"This isn't a good idea," he said.

"I know," I said. "But Jace insists. Says I have to get used to living by you."

Aiden brushed my hair behind my back exposing my neck. He trailed a finger down  the newly exposed skin and I shivered. He leaned down and tentatively kissed my mouth. I gasped and he stuck his tongue down my throat.

We shared a passionate kiss that had me squirming in my seat. My sex was throbbing for him. I was feeling guilty, but his hand was crawling up my leg to where I wanted him to touch me the most.