Chapter 11

Author's note: picture of Rachel and Raquel.

The summer passed quickly with Nick here with me. We spent as much time together as possible until it was time to go back home. School started in a week and I was happy to get my final year over with.

Nick did not return to the diner but he met me there whenever I went. I liked it better when I could be affectionate with him everywhere we went.

School seemed to fly by as I only lived to be with Nick. My birthday was three days away and we were at the diner discussing it.

"What do you mean you have something to do? It's my eighteenth birthday and my wolf is coming in. You can't miss it. What if you're my mate?" I asked.

"If I'm your mate, you'll just have to wait and see," he said.

"Why are you being so cavalier about this? I really want you to be there," I said.

What he didn't know was that I was going to tell him I changed my mind if he wasn't my mate. I wanted to choose him like he would me. What's the point if he's not going to be there?

"I really want to be there too, but duty calls. Once I am finished, I will be right there. You won't have to wait long. I promise you," he said.

"Maybe I should model my dress for you then," I said.

"When I get back. I don't want to spoil the unveiling," he said. "Don't spoil your fun for me. You know I'll be back."

"But what if I meet my mate there?"

"Then you meet your mate. I would never begrudge you that," he said.

"But I thought that you wanted me," I said.

"And I do, but you deserve to be happy," he said.

I was silent for the rest of the meal until he asked, "what's wrong? You're never this quiet."

"It's just becoming too real to me and the thought of losing you is too much to bear," I said.

"You're never going to lose me. Even if Tim turns out to be your mate, I'll always be there for you no matter what. Don't ever doubt that. Even when you don't see me, I am with you. I am always with you," he said.

"We should go back to your place," I said.

"You barely ate your food," he said.

"Then let's work up an appetite," I said.

We got our food wrapped up to go then he drove us to his apartment. Once inside, I went to his bedroom and took off my clothes, leaving on my undergarments. He came in and took a long look at me.

"Take off your clothes," I said.

He stripped down to his boxers. I went over to him and started kissing him. He laid us down on his mattress settling down between my legs. 

I slide off his boxers then my panties. He took my bra off. I could feel his manhood against my core. My phone began to ring. I reached down for it just in case it was important. I saw it was Ezra and answered immediately. 

"What's wrong Ezra?" I asked.

"Sorry. That's my fault," Nick said.

"What are you doing?" Ezra said.

"Nothing. Why?" I asked.

"Because you just popped up in my head pregnant, but I couldn't see how you got that way," he said.

"Well I'm not getting myself pregnant," I said getting up from the bed and dressing.

"Okay. It's gone. Who are you with?" He asked.