Chapter 6

Author's note: picture of Ezra.

We got into his car and he turned the ignition. It was eight fifteen.

"Oh no. Our night is almost over," I said.

"Well at least it won't be our last night together so let's talk some more. What's your greatest fear?

"That's easy. It's my family dying," I said.

"I wasn't expecting that. That's a rough one," he said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Everybody dies, Addy. You can't avoid that. There's nothing you can do. Nothing you can say. Everybody's going to die," he said.

"What's your greatest fear?" I asked, miffed.

"Living alone," he said.

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yeah I'm terrified of it. I'm really glad I met you because it was very lonely out here," he said.

"I can't be the only person you hang out with," I said.

"I mean I'm friendly with the people I work with, but we're not friends. A lot of them have families and kids to take care of. They don't want to hang out with a twenty year old kid," he said.

"We should go out and meet people. Don't you go out on your days off?" I asked.

"Not really," he said.

"Next time, I'll have to show you around and show you things to do. Ooh we can do karaoke. I'll bring my friends. Maybe you'll get along with them too. At least for one of our dates. The second one will be just you and me," I said.

"I like that. Yeah, let's do that." He said. 

"You're not going to regret it. I promise," I said.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" He asked.

"That's something I debate all the time. There's so many options I'm having a tough time narrowing it down," I said.

"You haven't narrowed it down to a field of study?" He asked.

"No, but how about you? I'm sure you don't want to be a waiter your whole life. " I said.

"Definitely not. I love the exposure to people, but it's not a lifelong need," he said.

"I guess we're both in the same boat then. Do you know what you would want?" I asked.

"Yes. Of course I do, but it's more mate centralized than career wise," he said. "I have no plans for a career."

"I feel the same way. My parents are madly in love with each other. That's what I want. He's so busy all the time, he hardly has time for my mom. But it's my dad and he's determined. They scheduled time together morning, noon and night. That's outside of breakfast, lunch and dinner," I said.

"What are you looking for in a man?" He asked.

"Somebody who's nice and kind and wants a big family like me. Somebody who's funny, smart, handsome and who gets along with my family," I said. "Simple really."

"I think I can check all those boxes," he said.

"Me too! At least I'm hopeful," I said.

"What about Tim?" He asked.

"What about him? I asked. 

"Do you think he can check your boxes?" He asked.

"He could. Would he is a different story but at least he comes into it knowing what being with me means for him. I don't think people realize how close my family is. We really just love each other and like being around each other. Spending time together is almost required. Now there's going to be a new baby in the house. I love babies," I said.