Chapter 14

Author's note: picture of the house.

I couldn't get that conversation with my mother out of my head. It plagued me all throughout our flight and now here was Aiden picking us up from the airport.

I wanted to enjoy seeing his pack for the first time but I just couldn't get her words out of my head. Not to mention she threw me out.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Aiden asked, holding up an actual penny.

"Very funny," I said.

"You keep getting a far away look on your face. Why don't you stay here with us?" He asked. "Everyone is so excited to meet you."

"I'm excited too. It's just this fight with my mom that keeps bothering me," I said.

"It's our lives, Addy. We'll live it as we see fit. Together," Nick said, squeezing my hand. "Your mother, my mother, we won't let them get in our way."

He leaned down and kissed me. I lost all thoughts except those of him. I wish he had done this earlier.

"That's better," I said.

I looked at my phone and saw I had twenty missed calls. They were all from my father. I wasn't in the mood to deal with him now. It was time to see my new home.

I was sitting in the back seat of Aiden's car while Nick sat in the front. They were discussing pack business which was a total bore. I decided to take a nap. When I woke up, we were still driving.

"Are we almost there," I asked.

"We have about a half hour left," Aiden said.

"Nick, switch places with me. I want to see your pack with the best view for the first time," I said.

"Just climb up. You can sit in my lap," Nick said.

I climbed up front and Nick took his seat belt off. He then wrapped it around me too.

"That's a tight squeeze," Nick said.

He started kissing the nape of my neck before he started sucking. I moaned then felt guilty doing this in front of Aiden. He reached his hand under my shirt and I tried to prevent him.

Nick: What's wrong?

Me: Not in front of Aiden. I think he has a crush on me.

Nick: No he doesn't.

"Aiden? Do you have a crush on my mate?" Nick asked.

"A little but it's nothing serious," he said.

"Why are you even thinking about my mate like that?" Nick asked.

"Sorry sir, it happened before I knew she was with you," Aiden said.

"You've seen her naked, do you still think about that?" Nick asked.

"From time to time," Aiden said.

"Think about it now," Nick said.

Aiden got a far away look on his face accompanied by a cute smile. Nick touched his temple and his face fell.

"I can't see it anymore," Aiden said.

"I know," Nick said. "And we're going to keep it that way. Is there anything else I need to take from you?"

"What are you doing to him?" I asked. "You can't just take memories from people without their permission. How are you doing that?"

"I can do lots of things. You'll learn over time," Nick said. "His seeing you naked was a problem for him. It's inappropriate for him to have a crush on you."