Chapter 18

Author's note: picture of Sara and Lara.

Once we were done making sure Ian had no recollection of what happened, I took Jace to Eloise's cottage.

We found her in the kitchen. She immediately told me to leave and kept Jace in the house. I attempted to see and hear through him but I got pushed back.

I sat outside waiting for him to come out. It took well over an hour, but he finally came out.

"She wants to see you," he said.

I made my way into the cottage where she was in the living room. I sat on the couch preparing for whatever she was going to say.

"It's time for you to go home," she said. "You need to be with your mate. He can protect you from what's coming."

"But you've already said that," I said.

"It bears repeating," she said.

"You talk to him for over an hour and all you can offer me is the same old piece of advice?" I asked, outraged. "You can't be serious."

"Stay with your mate, no matter what," she said. "I can see you won't heed my warning and it will be to not only your detriment but your child's as well."

"What do you mean my child? Am I pregnant?" I asked.

"You will be. Soon," she said. "Stay here and I will only repeat myself."

"What did you say to him?" I asked.

"It was he who spoke to me," she said.

"But he said he needed an oracle," I said.

"You think all we do is tell you possible futures? He needed an oracle and I helped him. That is all you need to know," she said.

"You're taking his side? He killed you!" I shouted.

"You disrespectful little girl, he did not kill me. His followers did," she said.

"Same thing," I said.

"That is not the same thing. I suggest you stop talking now before we have a problem," she said.

"No problem. I'm out of here," I said, getting up.

I made my way to the door not looking back. None of this was sitting well with me. I pulled open the door and Jace was there waiting. We made our way back to the pack house.

"I did not kill Eloise," he said.

"I know. What did you talk to her about?" I asked.

"I talked to her about us mostly," he said. "I wanted to know how much she could see."

"What did she see?" I asked.

"A lot of nothing actually," he replied.

"Is that why she kept repeating herself?“ I asked.

"Possibly," he said.

"Did you ask her to tell me to stay with you?" I asked.

"Do you think she would tell you that just because I asked?" He countered.

"You have a point, but I can't just go back with you now. I need to be with my family. Besides, Oscar is arriving tomorrow," I said.

"I can stay here with you for a little while if you wish," he said.

"That's not necessary," I said.

"Then be ready to leave right after the charity dinner. Is that okay?" He asked.

"It's perfect," I said with a smile.

He held out his hand and I took it. We walked in silence for a while before he said, "I have one more thing to ask of you."