(4)

"What the hell was he thinking!" i yelled to myself, hitting the steering wheel of my impala as it sped down the road and we got onto the highway.

"i don't know, but he could be in danger. you need to keep a level head until we figure out what's going on." steve said, checking side streets for drivers.

"give me the- Dustin, we're on hawkins now, are you close to steve's place?" i asked, taking the walkie from steve.

"yeah, like 5 minutes from steve's house." he replied.

"i'm gonna be there any second, wave down the next car you see."

"why were you at steve's house?" he asked.

"don't ask questions you don't want the answer to."

he processed for a moment.

"ewww!" he said after a few seconds of silence.

"told you, i think i see you."

i slowed down as i pulled up next to dustin, turning my car off and getting the flashlight from the glovebox.

"where did mike go in? and what did you guys take? what did it look like?" i started interrogating.

"i didn't take any, he took it though. it looked like a little sheet of teacher stickers. he went in down there." he said, turning and pointing to a small clearing.

"Michael Wheeler where are you!" i yelled, turning my flashlight on and venturing into the woods.

i heard steve and dustin catching up on life behind me.

"Mike!" i called, swinging my torch around.

i heard something big fall into a pile of leaves and sticks further into the bush.

"i think i found him!" i yelled to the boys, running toward the source of the sound.

"Mike!" i called, looking around for my idiot brother.

"huh?" said a familiar voice from beside me.

i quickly turned my torch and saw Mike, sitting on his ass, staring up at the sky in a pile of leaves and broken twigs.

"you idiot! how much did you take?" i asked, stepping over to him and squatting down beside him.

"4." he said softly, eyes rolling around in his head like one of those creepy baby dolls.

"4! are you fucking crazy? jesus christ you took 4 tabs your first time?" i asked, almost yelling as i put his arm around my shoulder.

"it's all spinning.." he whined.

"no shit, you took 4 tabs! get your ass up, Harrington i need help down here!" i yelled, pulling him up and putting my arm around his waist to help him out of the branches.

"does it always feel like this?" he mumbled.

"no, it doesn't, it only feels like that when you take way too much your first time." i sighed, pulling him up the hill as steve came down to help me.