(28)

a car drive, a shower and a plate change later

~~~

"red, do you have a...bandana or a ski mask?" eddie asked max.

she raised an eyebrow and walked to her room, returning minutes later with a michael myers face mask from halloween a few years ago.

eddie put it on and dragged us around the back of someone else's caravan before opening a window and climbing in.

i climbed up next and helped the others in before climbing up to the cabin with him.

he pulled cables out and started cutting.

"where'd you learn how to do this?" steve asked from beside me.

"i taught him."  i looked over at him.

(i know eddie's dad taught him, but winnie teaching him is a lot less sad in my opinion)

"while everyone else was hooking up, my girl was teaching me how to hotwire cars." he smirked, kissing me quickly and going back to the cables.

"i don't love the idea of eddie driving." robin complained.

"oh i'm just starting her, harrington's got it. don't you big boy?" he teased, flicking wires and starting the engine.

eddie, robin and i moved and harrington got into the seat.

"everybody hang onto something!" he yelled back at us.

"drive steve, drive!" dustin yelled.

i stood just behind him, holding onto the seat as we took off, driving away.

"hold on!" steve yelled as we turned sharply.

"well done stevie." i smiled, ruffling his hair before heading back to sit with the kids.

nancy and steve were talking up front in the cabin.

i sat beside eddie and stretched my neck, yawning.

i hadn't slept properly in days.

eddie's arm snaked around my shoulder and pulled me back into his lap.

"love you." i smiled before closing my eyes.

i slept for maybe 20 minutes before harrington and eddie began arguing.

"shush, you're gonna wake her up." eddie warned.

my eyes snapped open.

"huh?" i asked.

"we're here, i'm gonna stay in here with you, they're all going inside." he said, patting my hair gently.

i nodded, sitting up and stretching out.

"what did i do in this life to deserve you?" he asked, pulling me into a kiss.

"i dunno, maybe whatever god there is wanted you to be happy." i smirked, running my fingers gently through his hair.

~~~