(15)

i pulled up outside eddie's caravan and saw his van in the driveway and max outside feeding a stray dog.

i waved gently and went up to the door when the lights began to gently flicker inside.

i heard him on the other side of the door calling chrissy's name.

"the hell?" i said to myself, listening closer.

he kept calling her name.

is he seriously sleeping with chrissy?

i decided to just leave, getting back in my car and driving to the video store i worked at.

steve and robin were working tonight.

they'd be there for me.

i got on the main road and just drove, music blaring in my ears.

home sweet home by motley crue was next after talking heads.

it was a mixtape a friend had made for me before he passed.

the whole starcourt mall incident.

i pulled up outside the video store and turned my car off, walking inside and around the counter.

"what happened to you? you're not working tonight?" steve asked, watching as i wrapped my arms around him and put my head down on his chest, trying to hold back tears.

"woah, woah hey. what happened?" he asked, his tone softening when he put his arms around my back and looked down at me.

"munson." i said softly, tears running freely down my face.

"what?" robin asked.

"i went to his trailer, i was bored. he was with chrissy cunningham." I sobbed against the fabric of his shirt.

"that fucker." steve hissed, gently stroking my back with his thumb.

"jesus christ, that's rough." she sighed, standing back and watching.

"you know the worst part? he was flirting and having fun with me just the night before." i whimpered, keeping my head down on steve's chest.

"i'll kill him." he growled, pushing me back and grabbing my shoulders as he looked down into my face.

"hey, dont cry. dont cry over an asshole that didnt deserve you in the first place." he said, patting my shoulder as robin began to speak.

"he has a point. if eddie was cheating on you with cunningham? he didnt deserve you. she's such a shallow bitch."

i chuckled, wiping tears from my face.

"we close in what, an hour? i'll call your mom and tell her you got called in last minute." steve said, tucking hair behind my ear and reaching for the phone.

i hugged robin gently, i know she's funny about touching people so i made it quick.

"hey nance, yeah winnie's here with us at work. she got called in last minute, look i'll make sure she gets home safe, alright? sounds good. ok bye nance." steve smiled, hanging up.

"you're officially working. why don't we go put one of those shitty horror movies you love so much on the display screen so you can laugh at how stupid the characters are?" he asked.

"you know me so well." i smiled softly, almost running for the horror section of the store.

"or...we just got a new copy of rocky horror in?" robin suggested.

the only thing that i would ever choose over horror movies.

the rocky horror picture show.

"hand it over!" i smiled, walking over to her.

she handed me the tape in its shiny new box.

i smiled, flapping my hands in excitement as i walked over to the vcr.

i changed the tape from top gun to rocky horror, fast forwarding to the time warp.

robin turned up the volume as steve groaned.

i put top gun back on the counter as the music began to play with the henchman's monologue.

robin and i danced together along with the movie, something we'd come up with in the hours we used to spend together was memorizing the entire dance.

"it's just a jump, to the left!" i called, hopping to my left.

"and then a step to the ri-i-i-i-ight!" she responded, tapping her right leg.

"with your hands on your hips!" i smiled, doing the jazz hands and all.

"and bring your knees in ti-i-ight!" she finished.

"and it' the pelvic thru-u-u-u-ust-"

"that really drives you insa-a-a-a-ane!" we finished together.

"let's do the time warp again!" i smiled.

"let's do the time warp again!" she nodded.

we turned the volume back down as steve shook his head.

"thank you guys, really. i needed this."

"it's fine win, you'd do the same for us." he dismissed.