(14)

at the second half of lunch, i decided to go out to the car park on a smoke break.

but to do so, i had to walk through the cafeteria.

i picked up my stuff and restarted the tape.

dun

dun

dun

dun

dun

dun

dununun.

psycho killer played through my ears as i walked, keeping my head down.

i passed the hellfire table and felt eddie grab my arm gently to stop me.

"where are you going, doll?" he asked, looking up at me from his seat.

"i was going for a smoke outside. where's henderson and my brother?"

"finding recruits for dnd on tuesday. sinclair's been taken by the dark side." he glared at jason and his goons.

"traitor." i whispered to myself.

"you coming back?"

i nodded, punching him lightly before walking off.

i stepped outside the door, turning the tape off and putting my headphones around my neck before scrambling around my bag trying to find a cigarette.

i felt the familiar feeling of the paper between my fingers and i smiled to myself, picking it up and lighting it.

i took a long, deep inhale, the smoke burned my throat and lungs as it filled them.

i held it in for a moment before blowing it out and repeating the action.

eventually i had finished it and dropped it, stomping it out on the ground.

when did fridays get so boring?

i walked back inside and over to the hellfire table.

i gently kissed the top of eddie's head as i passed him, sitting between him and gareth at the table.

"you ok?"

i nodded, folding my arms and putting my head down on them quietly.

he softly pulled my braids out of my arms and down my back, tucking my baby hairs behind my ears.

i smiled softly to myself, keeping my head down and just resting.

he kept his hand either on my back or arm until the bell rung for my textiles class.

i sat up and grabbed my bag, waiting for eddie and gareth who would be just next door doing metal shop.

they joined me and we made small talk until we got to class.

"so, when's band practice next?" gareth asked eddie as we walked.

"sunday 5-6:30. you bringing your new drumsticks?" eddie nodded, avoiding basketball players as we walked.

"yeah, i think wayne got new bass strings too." he nodded.

"you guys have a band?"

they both nodded.

"corroded coffin. you should come see us play sometime." eddie smirked.

"i'll give y'all my rejected song ideas. i play solo." i smiled, arriving at my classroom.

"you'll have to show me next time. bye love." eddie smiled, punching me softly as he walked to his class.

we worked on the bags we'd been making for the past semester.

mine was black with skulls and small patterns embroidered on it.

i was almost finished, i just needed to do clasps and buttons now and i was done.

as the end of day bell rung through the quiet halls of our high school, noise suddenly erupted from every room.

doors creaking open, footsteps, conversations filling the air.

i quickly walked to eddie's classroom to show him my bag when i saw he had already left.

"hmm." i said to myself, assuming he was down at the woods.

i walked out and saw he was down there with...chrissy?

"the hell..." i questioned, wanting to get closer.

"it's fine. it's fine, trust him. he isn't going to cheat, he couldn't." i reassured myself, walking to my car and seeing nancy and mike waiting for me.

i sighed and unlocked my baby, starting her and ignoring my brother in the backseat.

nancy ran in and grabbed holly and we headed home.

boring friday.

both parents at work.

neither of my siblings had plans.

fuck it.

i picked up my bag and grabbed my keys.

"where are you going?" mike asked.

"to go live up to my legacy as a slut." i glared, leaving and driving to eddie's caravan.