bonus chapter! rainy mornings with eddie (post graduation!)

i always woke up first.

natural alarm clock, i always woke up before 9.

i physically cannot sleep in.

i got up early as per usual, the sun barely over the horizon.

it's sunday, church with mom and holly.

maybe i wouldn't go.

i looked out the window, clouds blanketing the colorful sky.

i walked into the kitchen, opening cupboards and pulling out assorted pots and pans.

i started boiling a pot of water for tea and heating up a pan for bacon and eggs.

just as i had opened the fridge, the sound of rain on our metal roof began to ring.

i smiled, turning on the radio and pulling bacon, eggs and butter from the fridge before closing it.

footsteps sounded from the hallway as i plopped some butter down into the pan, followed by bacon.

"morning." eddie's morning voice called from the doorway.

"morning, love." i stepped, planting a gentle kiss on his lips before turning back to the stove.

shirtless and in pajama pants, as per usual.

since we moved out, he's got so much more comfortable with himself and me.

we weren't teenagers sneaking around anymore.

"making breakfast before church with your mom?" he asked, walking over to the stove and hovering behind me.

"i was actually planning on not going. i'll just tell her i was sick or something, i figured we could have a lazy sunday?"

"sounds good to me." he wrapped his arms around my neck, his warm skin pressing against my back.

everybody wants to rule the world started playing on the radio.

"i love this song." i smiled to myself, swaying my hips gently.

"come on." he grabbed my hand and dragged me outside in the rain, turning the radio all the way up on the way.

"what are you doing?" i yelled over the sound of pitted pattering drops on our faces.

"you love the song, so we're dancing!" he said, spinning me around.

"eddie it's freezing, and wet! we're gonna get sick!" i warned.

"oh loosen up, we live in a cottage in the middle of the woods! nobody's gonna see us!" he put his hand on my shoulder and the other on my waist, beginning to sway me side to side in an almost waltz.

"acting on your best behavior, turn your back on mother nature." he sung, turning my back against his stomach.

"everybody, wants to rule the world." we sung together.

"it's my own design, it's my own remorse." i sung, spinning out from him.

"help me to decide, help me make the most of freedom, and of pleasure. nothing ever lasts forever." i sung, hopping around, mud squelching under my feet.

"everybody, wants to rule the world." he smiled, pulling me in by the cheeks for a kiss.

we stood there in the pouring rain, in that kiss for a good minute or two before he wrapped his hands around my waist, picking me up and pulling my legs around his hips.

he carried me inside and put me down in the bathroom.

"i'll finish up breakfast, you clean up. sound good?" he asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"sounds very good my love." i nodded, grabbing a cloth and wiping the mud off my feet and legs.

i shook the rain off my hair and rinsed the cloth out, putting it away and then heading back out to the kitchen to see eds serving up breakfast.

"god i love you, what did i do to deserve you?" i asked, kissing his cheek gently as i grabbed us cutlery.

he grabbed my butt as he put the pans in the sink, pouring boiling water into mugs for tea.

i grabbed teabags and put them in the mugs, picking up the plates and bringing them to the table on the back deck.

he brought the mugs and i ran back inside, grabbing an ashtray and a joint for us to share.

"lazy sunday." he smiled, sitting down.

"lazy sunday." i agreed, sitting at my end.