3// Unproductive Results

The air traffic controllers were still on the search for Westland aircraft and utilized all the radar systems they had available to track it down. After the disappearance of WL flight, A245 MAX which dropped from the radar in Los Angeles (LA) and thereby lost contact with the airport control tower, the next radar system part of the plane's flight plan was contacted to track down the plane and then, a host of others.

With all radar facilities utilised, the destination airport, Narita International Airport in Tokyo was informed. Irrespective of all efforts, the plane was still missing and Charles was deeply disturbed.

It was a long day for him as he hasn't been himself since he has been pinned on the search for his missing aircraft. It was late and yet the employees and search personnel were still working.

They couldn't abandon the issue at hand as it posed a threat to the lives of many individuals as well as the airline. Charles was sitting on his couch when his phone beeped and then, he rushed to his office desk to pick it up.

"Yes," he said as he picked up the landline.

"Charles! How could you have let this happen? This is grievous and quick actions must be made before it gets out of hand." Veronica said over the phone and Charles cut the call carelessly.

If he knew that his mother was on the line, he wouldn't have picked it. She is the one whose voice he detests and doesn't want to hear. She has been trying to call his phone but he left it in his drawer since she got the news and also called the landline but Charles was absent from his office regularly.

"Argh..." he said after he dropped the phone aggressively and then he dug his fingers into his face.

He hated being helpless as he took Veronica's statement as ridicule. He just didn't need that and wouldn't want to attract further attention which will only bring forth annoyance and pain to him.
Still angered about the call, he kept his hand on his face then Ethan knocked.

"Come in," he said softly and Ethan walked into the office.

"Sir, different representatives of broadcasting agencies have crowded the company and they request an interview with you," he informed.

Charles was displeased with this not because he was scared to face them but because he hated the media as they often twist the narrative and worsen the case.
He didn't bother to speak but nodded instead and Ethan came forward to him to fix his clothing.

"This is not the time for this. Leave and send them in," he said.

Charles said and adjusted his clothing himself. He wasn't in the mood and didn't worry about his looks for the first time. How could he when people's lives were in danger? The reporters came into his office and Charles had his interview.

"We are deeply sorry for the delay in finding flight A245 MAX and we hope you can bear with us," Charles said to conclude all that he had said and the camera was taken off his face.

The reporter took over and started speaking.

"We just had the CEO of Westland Airlines and he claims that the appropriate measures have been taken to curb the problem. I'm Aimie Gerald and I'm reporting live from Dallas Fort- Worth in Texas."

A while after his interview, Charles walked out of his office wanting to go out to breathe and Ethan followed suit. He got into the lift and went to the first floor and there he saw reporters. He didn't know that they were hosted in the company and he was displeased with it.

As he walked in, lightly flicked from the cameras and the hall was surrounded by reporters. This appeared to be another set of reporters and he felt cornered.