4// Breaking News

I was in our room when Claudia rushed to me with tears in her eyes.

"This ain't good," she said and I looked at her in a confused manner before speaking. "What isn't and why are you like this?" I asked.

"Marise called to inform me that Hannah's flight should have landed and yet she hasn't called. This time, I'm damned worried."

"That shouldn't scare you. Maybe it's too late for her to call. She'd call tomorrow morning." I tried to console her.

"Let's assume you're correct, then why isn't she picking up her calls? I've been trying her for so long and yet I'm not getting any response," said Claudia in a husky tone and I felt sad for her.

"Relax a little. Come tomorrow, you will realise that she's fine."

"Wait! Have you asked her mother which aircraft she travelled by? It might give insight into why she hasn't called." I continued and then Claudia looked at me as though my statement made something spark. She rushed to her bed and grabbed her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a confused manner and she replied immediately. "Exactly what you just said."

She dialled Maraise's phone number and soon, the call ended.

"What did she say?" I asked agitatedly.

"She told me that Hannah travelled in one of Westland Airlines, the company that Mr Charles owns, its aeroplane," she concluded and I reminisced on her words before throwing another question at her.

"Claudia, what if the flight was delayed and Hannah didn't want to worry her mother?"

"Why would one's trip be delayed? It doesn't make sense to me," she replied and I looked at her with disappointment.

"Really... C'mon, it's not new because many flight plans have been delayed and some cancelled. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Chill, I could be right." I told her confidently.

"Okay. You could be right but at least, there should be something about it on the news because people would have complained at the airport."

"Oh my!"

"What!" She was confused about her reaction.

"There was news about a plane and it popped on my phone when I went to the kitchen to get water," I told her and her response was blunt. "Okay. Let's check your phone then"

We checked my phone but it wasn't on the notification icon and I must have cleared it since I did it often.

"There's nothing here. There's no news at all. Let's just check some channels on the TV." she said and rushed to the living room. I had no other option but to follow suit since she was restless.

She didn't waste any time and she switched it on. And after that, she changed the channel. Watching how anxious she was, all I could do was hope that it was a case ahead of me and that she had a reason to not call.

"WL aircraft is feared to be missing. Flight A245 MAX, one of Westland Airlines passenger aeroplanes, lost contact with the airport control tower shortly after taking off at 9:30 a.m." the anchor reported from Kal News.

As we listened, I was in shock and I stared at the TV gapingly while tears rolled down Claudia's eyes. I believe Claudia was in much more shock because she has been restless all day concerning this issue and now it appears that her fears have become a reality.

I was breathing heavily and I could sense Claudia's fear as she breathed loud enough for me to hear.

"The plane was confirmed to be missing by the West Land Airlines headquarters in Texas around 9:00 p.m. and they were informed by noon today. The CEO of Westland Airlines has confirmed that the ongoing search for the aircraft was enacted since it was allegedly reported missing and he promises to do his best in locating the aircraft containing hundreds of lives.'' The anchor who was in Las Vegas continued and then connected with another Kal News correspondent in Texas. Immediately I heard about hundreds of lives, I felt sadder as Hannah is among the people who boarded the plane.