6// Everlasting Hatred

Time passed and it was 8:00 a.m. Veronica was all dressed up and she turned on the TV for updates on flight A245 MAX.

"Westland aircraft which were reported to be missing were found this morning. The plane which was lost was found through an all-night search team led by US agents. The search was successful due to the help rendered by the Japanese agents and a host of others. It appears that the plane crashed in the North Pacific Ocean claiming hundreds of lives with no survivors. Military aircraft, naval vessels and the like flew over the area assumed to be the point where they lost contact with the plane and there, debris was found due to the explosion that followed after its fault." The anchor spoke and Veronica listened.

Veronica was shocked by the news even though she knew that it was imminent. She stared at the TV and a scowl formed on her face.

She hates media engagement and now, she can't believe her company got dragged and that more of it is coming. It was heartbreaking for her and she wished she could change what had happened but that was impossible.

She got angry and switched off the TV as she didn't want to listen anymore. Out of anger, she threw the remote control away and dipped her hand into her hair. Her annoyance was evident as she squeezed her face.

*****

"Argh." it's the sound I made as I woke up.

I slept on my neck due to waiting all night for Sir Charles to return. I expected him to because it sounds impossible for him to stay at work throughout the night.

I didn't expect to have slept off and neither did I think that I would find myself in the living room resting on the wall. As I realised where I was, it dawned on me that Sir Charles didn't return from work because if he did, I would have heard the cars screech or better, someone would have woken me up.

Slightly, I turned my neck which was still hurting to clock and I was shocked that it was already a few minutes past 8:00 a.m. Immediately, I stood up and rushed to my room as I needed to start my daily duties.

"Good morning," I said to Claudia as I rushed into the room but she seemed absent-minded.

I checked my drawer and looked back at her worriedly as I remembered that she was in pain. Immediately, I turned to her and said,

"Claudia, good morning," I yelled and she jolted with a gasp before she turned to me.

"Hi," she said and I left what I was doing and went to her bed.

I sat on it and held her two hands to console her. I looked at her and I could see and feel her pain as though it happened to me. Seeing how helpless she was, I realised that she wasn't such a bad person even though we never got along.

Moments like this make me wonder why God lets some things happen and what good could come out of it. Claudia and I were more like foes because of our different opinions about Sir Charles but now, I feel we share a bond.

We both love our friends a lot and I don't want to imagine how I would feel if I heard some bad news about Irene, my bestie. Realising how this has weakened her, it's as though she finally left her pretend shell and it's clear that she's just as weak and normal as every other lady.

"Things ain't good Maureen," she said and a tear dropped.

"What happened?" I said and I was scared of what her answer would be.

I hope her info isn't bad and has nothing to do with any of her loved ones. She stayed silent and it was freaking me out.

"Say something already," I said and she swallowed before she made her next speech.