Chapter 11

It's later that night when I get into my car and drive to the hospital like a woman with a death wish. Beau's driver, James, just called and told me that Beau is in the hospital. He couldn't tell me why because he doesn't know any of the details. All he told me was Beau had called asking James if he could pick him up from the hospital, but James is stuck in traffic, so he asked me to help get Beau. I've been trying to call Beau as I drive to the hospital, but he hasn't answered. It's making me worry that something horrible has happened to him.

I finally get there and rush into the emergency ward, my eyes searching everywhere for Beau. I am a little out of breath from running into the hospital from the parking lot. Aren't I pathetic? The man broke my heart just a few hours ago, and now I'm in the hospital looking all over for him while my heart beats louder than a drum. I had considered sitting at home and pretending I didn't receive the call from James, but I couldn't. Beau doesn't deserve my kindness, but I still offer it regardless. Why? Only the Lord knows, because I sure as hell don't know myself.

After looking around and not seeing him anywhere, I walk to the emergency ward's front desk and ask the station nurse where I can find Beau. As she checks her computer to find out where he is, I pray to God he's okay.

"Mr. Williams is receiving treatment on bed 10. Go this way," she says, pointing to her right. "And you will find him."

"Thank you," I say before walking toward where she directed me.

I pass a few beds but don't find Beau until I reach the end of the room. A breath of relief escapes my mouth once I set my eyes on Beau.

"What happened?" I ask, standing beside Beau where he's sitting on the bed. He is getting his right hand bandaged. It appears nothing drastic happened.

"I cut myself while cleaning the broken mirror off the floor. Why are you here?" he asks.

"An accident happened on the road and your driver got stuck in traffic, so he asked me to pick you up instead."

"You didn't have to come. I'm surprised you did."

"You should be after the hurtful things you said to me a few hours ago."

"I'm sorry," Beau says, and I roll my eyes. I've heard him say that word too many times to believe it.

"I'm here because I guessed you were in the hospital due to your earlier injuries, which I am responsible for. Even if you did hurt me earlier."

"What happened at the site today wasn't your fault." He ignores the part I said about hurting me. I was hoping there'd be an opening for me to speak to him about it.

After I left his place and went home, I couldn't get one question out of my head. Why the hell would Beau say he wants me back but would still break my heart? He must have had a reason for saying that because it doesn't make sense. But it's clear I won't be able to have that conversation with him until we get out of here.

"It was my fault." I say to Beau before turning to the doctor. "Are you done, doctor? Can I take him home now?" I don't want to argue with Beau anymore about whose fault it is that he's in this situation.

"Yes, you can." The doctor turns away from me and faces Beau. "Please, Mr. Williams, I don't want to see you in my emergency room again today."

"You won't, doc," Beau says, winking at her. I roll my eyes at him as he does this. He is such a playboy. As my gaze returns to Beau, I see a smirk plastered on his face. What's that about?

"Please make sure he doesn't let any water touch his wound. And the less strenuous activities he does, the faster his back injury will heal."

"Okay, doc." Beau replies.

"Thank you." I move towards Beau to help him stand.

As I wrap my arms around his waist, I feel something soft brush my cheek. I turn to Beau, wide-eyed.

"You are so cute," Beau says, smiling at me. I stare at him, wondering if he has gone mad. Why did he just peck me on the cheek?

"I'm only going to say this once, as I help you settle at home. I don't want your hands or mouth on my body. If you touch or kiss me, I'll chop off your hands." I glare at him as I walk us out of the hospital. He needs to respect my boundaries. My cheeks are on fire, for God's sake, because of him. I have never been happier in my life that I am dark-skinned. If I wasn't, my cheeks would show how flushed I am.

"I am ready for my hands to be chopped off, because, Delilah, your body is mine to worship with my hands and mouth." I can feel his heated gaze on my face. I don't even want to turn and look at him, already imagining how much lust will be in his eyes. I ignore him and try to help him get comfortable in the back seat once we get to my car, but he refuses.

"I don't understand why you want to sit in the passenger seat. It will be uncomfortable for you." I say in annoyance.

"I just want to sit there; you don't have to know why."

I look at Beau, confused. I don't understand why he's insisting on this.

"Alright, fine. If you insist," I open the passenger door, helping him to sit down and put his seat belt on before going over to the driver's side and getting in.

We are on the road to Beau's place when I feel his hand on my thigh. Not again. Gripping the steering wheel in one hand, I use my other to shove his off of me before glancing away from the road to shoot him a glare. Beau ignores me and puts his hand back, this time on my bare thigh. I knew I shouldn't have worn a dress, all he has to do is move just a little to get in contact with my skin. I hiss but decide to continue driving. I am not going to remove his hand. He might get bored eventually and leave my legs alone if I show no interest in stopping him. I don't even understand this new obsession he has with my legs.

His hand moves up my leg, and I pretend like nothing is happening. He's getting closer to my center, but I still hold my ground. He must want me to admit that I am getting hot from his hands on my legs— I won't. Beau is not going to win tonight. He'll give up eventually. I move a little in my seat as I feel his hand just a breath away from my undies.

"Are you uncomfortable, Delilah?" I can sense the smirk on his face.

"No, I am not," I say, moving some more in my seat. My body is hot, and the area close to Beau's hand is getting moist.

Last time he didn't go into my panties, so I know he won't try to go that far. He's just going to pretend, teasing me. His hands continue to roam my legs. He starts at my knees and goes all the way to my waist. A small gasp escapes my lips as Beau suddenly grabs my thigh roughly. Then, his fingers begin to play with the waistband of my underwear. I am starting to think my plan was not the best idea. I grip the steering wheel as I feel Beau's finger where I was not expecting it. When did his hand get there? Oh, my Lord, I try to loosen my hold on the steering wheel to rip his hand out of me but instead, I hold on even tighter as he puts another finger into my center. What the hell is going on? How did Beau's fingers end up inside me?

Turning away from the road to look at Beau, I use my eyes to plead with him to stop thrusting his fingers in and out of me; instead, he increases his pace. My teeth bite into my bottom lip as I try to muffle the moan I feel coming. Oh my God, I am going to die on this road tonight. I try to refocus on where I'm going, but I can't think with his fingers inside of me. As we pull up to a red light, I grab Beau's wrist to make it stop but end up pushing his fingers deeper into me. Pleasure surges through my body as he works me. I close my eyes as Beau's fingers caress my clit. Unconsciously, I part my legs wider so he can have better access. His fingers begin to hit that spot deep inside of me.

"Beau," I moan as my toes curl. He continues to thrust in and out of me, making sure to hit my G-spot. My release begins to build, and my legs shake as I come undone.

Beau removes his fingers from inside me and puts them into his mouth. I swallow the lump in my throat as I watch him lick his fingers clean with a huge smirk on his face. My eyes close in shame. I don't say anything. I just step on the gas once the light changes. I can't believe that just happened. I don't even want to look at him; if my eyes meet his, I will die of embarrassment. All I want is to get him home and for this night to be over.