CHAPTER 17

It's been a few days since that weird moment in the mall between Beau and me. I never got to find out what Beau was doing in the jewelry store that day since I haven't heard from or seen him since then, and I'm grateful for that. Mainly because I'm not sure how to act around him right now. Before, I always felt angry whenever I saw him, but now I don't know how to feel. I am still hurt by what he did, but I am not as hurt as I was a few months before he came back into my life. My emotions are all over the place and seeing him would only worsen matters. For one reason, specifically. Beau doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself, and the fact that my stupid body loves it is not a good thing. But my sex dreams have lessened a little lately, which is good. My shower head and hot water have had some time off these past few days at least, so thumbs up for me.

I blow out a breath and try to push Beau out of my mind as I check my reflection using the full-length mirror in my room before walking downstairs to join my dad. One of his associates is having a party tonight and he's bringing me along. I am wearing a sleeveless, nude, tulle gown with shiny handmade embroideries. There's a slit down the side, exposing my legs. My thighs clench together as I remember what happened the last time I wore a dress like this.

Dad and I walk outside once the car is ready. I thank God as we drive to the party because the chances of seeing Beau tonight are low. It's bad enough that the mere thought of what happened the last time I dressed like this makes me hot. I can't even imagine what would happen if I saw Beau after I told him I wouldn't ever dress like this. He would make me never want to break my promise again, and I can bet he would do it in way that I would hate to admit I enjoyed.

***

Dad and I walk into the ballroom with our arms linked. Smiling, I make small talk with some of dad's associates and some of mine as well. I try not to drink too much wine as I attempt to survive the night, but it's difficult. I don't mind coming to these parties as much as I used to when I was younger. Some of the elites are actually nice to talk to, but others can be a pain in the ass.

Excusing myself from the small group I've been standing with, I walk over to the restroom. Only an hour into the party and I already feel the urge to pee. That's what drinking a lot of wine will do.

After leaving the restroom, I find a secluded place to sit alone for a while before going back to the group. My legs are killing me. I take off my heels and rest my feet on the chair across from me. If any of those high society ladies see me,I can bet they will make me never want to take off my shoes at a party again. Closing my eyes, I massage my shoulders and fall back into the chair. I am already exhausted, and we only just got here. I wonder how I'll feel by the time we get home.

My eyes snap open when I feel someone's hands on my legs. And then they widen once I see who's touching me. Beau lifts my leg off the chair and sits down. What is he doing here? I try to pull my leg away from him, but his hold is firm.

"Release my leg." I can't believe he's here. But a tiny part of me is happy to see him after so long.

"How are you?" He asks, kissing my ankle. A shiver runs down my spine as his soft lips touch my skin. I ignore the feelings of pleasure it brings and try once again to pull away.