CHAPTER 18

The following morning, I wake up early and head to the salon to meet Camila and Tamara. We're getting our hair done together.

"Lilah, over here," someone says as soon as I step inside. I look and see Tamara across the room. A hairdresser is already working on her hair.

"Hey, how are you?" I bend down to her level and place a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm good, you?"

"Good, too. Where is Camila? She left the house before me, so she should be here." I take the seat beside Tamara.

"She went to get something from my car."

"Oh, alright," I say before asking the hairdresser attending to Tamara's hair to get someone to begin mine. I take one of the complimentary water bottles and have a sip.

As I'm drinking, Tamara looks over at me. "How was the party last night? Did you enjoy yourself?" she asks, and I begin to choke. "Take it easy, sorry." She rubs my back as I catch my breath.

Her question, "Did you enjoy yourself?" It was so unexpected. I haven't told the girls about the things Beau has been doing to me these past few weeks. I'm too ashamed. I know they're the last people on this earth who would judge me, but I can't help but to worry they might lose respect for me when they find out I allowed Beau to touch me intimately.

"It was okay," I finally answer, avoiding eye contact.

"That's nice to hear. Did you see Beau?"

"Yes, I did." At least Tamara had realized there was a chance I might have seen Beau at the party, unlike myself. I can't believe I forgot Beau is a car enthusiast. Of course, he'd be sure to attend a Tesla event. It was one of the reasons my dad used to like him. He said Beau was like the son he never had. It explains why our breakup also hurt Dad, because he had thought Beau was one of the good ones. Dad feels like what happened was his fault because he couldn't see Beau's true colors. But it wasn't. There was no way he could've seen through Beau's charms. Even I didn't.

"Well, how did it go?" Tamara's voice drags me out of my thoughts. "Did he say or do anything to annoy you?" Her questions are making me remember the events of last night when I am trying my best to forget them.

"No, he didn't." If anything, he made me a very happy woman last night.

"That's odd," she says. I hope Tamara can't tell something happened between us. Shame will kill me if she does.

"It's odd, Tamara, because something obviously happened," Camila suddenly says from behind me, coming over to us.

"Camila," I smile as she gets closer, but a pit forms in my stomach at her words.

Taking a seat beside me, she smiles and points. "You guys fucked."

"No!" The word comes out a little higher than I intended. Shutting my eyes, I sink into the chair as I realize that if they didn't know something happened between us before, they definitely do now after that reaction.

"Spill!" Tamara says, catching on.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Was it something bad?" Camila asks, worried.

I hesitate before answering. "No, it wasn't."

"Then tell us."

With my eyes still closed, I consider confiding in them about what's been going on. I know they won't blame me for anything that's happened, but I would still feel ashamed to admit it.

"We are your best friends, Lilah. You can tell us anything," Tamara says.

I take a deep breath, opening my eyes. "We dry humped." I bite my lip once the words leave my mouth.