CHAPTER 40

DELILAH

I bite my nails and pace the room, waiting for news of Beau's rescue. Harvey came an hour ago and told me they were able to figure out where the gang was holding him, and that they were going to get him back. I have barely eaten or slept since I found out Beau had been taken. I can't even think straight. The thought of losing Beau and how much that will destroy me is all I can think about.

The Williamses didn't report Beau missing to the authorities. They feared the gang would have harmed him more in retaliation if they did. Instead, Edward hired a mercenary group to find him. But I also suspect Edward didn't want to get the cops involved, so the gang members wouldn't tell them about the kidnapping he had hired them for. I disagreed with their decision to not to go to the cops, but I honestly don't care as long as they find Beau. Someone bursts into the room, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at Tamara, wondering why the hell she came in like that.

"They found him!" Tamara blurts out.

Tears fill my eyes as I release a breath of relief. "Thank you, God!" I say, closing my eyes.

"Harvey's arranged for a car to drive us to the hospital," Tamara says, picking up our purses from the bed.

"Let's go," I say without hesitation, walking to the door with Tamara following close behind.

We arrive at the hospital in record time. I bolt out of the car once it's parked and run inside toward Beau's room. Thankfully, Harvey texted Tamara the room number on the way, so we could go straight to him. My heart is beating so fast I'm afraid I might pass out. They might have rescued him, but I still worry about the state he could be in. Fresh tears well up as images of what they could have done to him swim in my head. I shake them away, praying it's not as bad as I'm imagining.

I stop once I get to Beau's room and try to catch my breath. I'm scared to see him. He must have suffered greatly, but I'm praying they didn't do any permanent damage. I blow out my cheeks and blink my tears away before turning the doorknob. But just as I'm pushing the door open, someone places their hand over mine and pulls it closed.

I turn around. "What the hell—" I'm cut off by a slap to the face. My cheek burns for the second time today. I look with bloodshot eyes at my attacker. This insolent woman. My hands pull into tight fists and I force them to my side. I don't want to hit her, but she is really pushing my buttons.

"How dare you show yourself here! Do you want to bring more harm to my son?" Jenny screams.

My body vibrates with fiery rage as I glare at her. All I want is to see the love of my life. It's taking everything in me not to smash her head against the wall. But the second I lay my hands on her, I know it will take everything in me to keep from killing her.

"Move out of my way, Jenny." I take deep breaths to calm myself down. I am dangerously close to beating the crap out of her if she doesn't fucking move.

"Get out! Get out of here!" She continues to scream like a mad woman.

"Move out of my fucking way, Jenny!" I shout back.

Taken aback by my outburst, she stumbles back a step but quickly regains her composure. "Did you just scream at me?" She looks at me with utter disbelief.

Does she think I can't scream at her? Is this woman crazy? "Trust me, that was nothing; if I had screamed, then your ears would be bleeding. Now, fucking move out of the damn way." I could easily push her out of the way, but Jenny would put up a fight, and if I fight this woman—well, then I wouldn't see Beau for a while because I'd probably end up in jail after I was done with her.

She laughs dryly. "It must be because I'm being nice and haven't asked security to kick you out that you have the audacity to bark at me like that. You should be kissing my feet for not having you thrown in jail for what you've done to Beau."