CHAPTER 22

DELILAH

Tamara has disappeared. When we arrived, she went to the bathroom, and I haven't seen her since. I managed to convince Hannah to let me leave her side a minute ago, and now I need to find Tamara so we can leave. I couldn't tell Hannah I wanted to leave, because then she would ask why, and I can't tell her. My heart was aching enough as I walked around with her and heard everyone telling her congratulations. There is no way Hannah doesn't know about Beau and me. She probably invited me to shove it in my face that she is the woman who the whole world will know owns Beau's heart.

Walking inside the main house, I check the rooms one by one looking for Tamara. She's not picking up her phone, and I'm beginning to get worried. I'm about to turn a room doorknob when the person inside beats me to it.

"Delilah," Beau says, stepping out of the room.

I roll my eyes at him and turn to walk away, but Beau halts my steps by grabbing my hand.

"Mon amour, I am so sorry she invited you tonight. I swear I didn't know she was going to."

I whirl around to face him with my hand ready to smack him hard across the face.

"Did you just call me your love? Are you fucking mad?" I shout at Beau as he holds my hand in the air, preventing me from slapping him. I am in so much pain, and he is the reason why. I feel like hitting him so he can feel the same way I do.

"Mon amour, I know I have no right to call you my love, but I can't help myself. You are the love of my life, and I would do anything to ease your pain."

"Ease my pain? Calling me your love when you're getting married in a few months is only making me want to smash your head against the wall, Beau." Angry tears begin to swim in my eyes.

"I am sorry; I don't wish for you to be in this kind of pain. I am truly sorry this is happening to you."

Beau pulls me into his chest and cages me against his body, wrapping his arms securely around me. I try to break free, but his scent fills my nostrils as the warmth from his body starts passing into mine. I give up and let down my walls. I accept his comfort because frankly, my broken heart needs it. Before I know it, Beau's shirt is soaked with my tears. Everything I have been holding back since I arrived here comes out. It hurts so much to see him with someone else.

"I love you, and that's all that should matter to you," he says into my hair.

"Why are you marrying her then?"

"I think you know why, my love."

"Beau, your mother shouldn't force you to marry someone you don't want to." I pull away from his chest and stare up at him. That would be the only reason in this world Beau would marry Hannah if he didn't want to.

"I wish that was possible, but unfortunately, it's not."

"Why?"

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't."