CHAPTER 31

Beau and I flew out of Texas as soon as we could. Dad was not happy to hear about the trip, but he also understood why I was going. He admitted he will have to learn to see Beau's face often since he is the father of my baby. Any urgent work matters I had been meaning to do this week I handed over to Camila, and then postponed what I could till next week. And now, we're here.

I take a deep breath and step out of the car, standing next to Beau. We just arrived at his family's estate in Louisiana. My mouth hangs open when I see the mansion in front of me. The sheer size of it takes my breath away. I come from a wealthy family, but the house in front of me is nothing compared to mine or any other I have seen. Beau takes my hand and walks us up to the massive french doors. Beau presses the bell, and I look around as we wait. I was not looking out the window as we drove in, so I didn't take in the beauty of their front yard. The flowers are all trimmed to perfection, and the fountain in the middle of the drive is adding more beauty to the place.

"Welcome home, sir," a voice says. I turn away from admiring the lights around the fountain and face the front door. An older lady with a soft smile on her round face holds the door open for Beau and me.

"Hello, Lisa," Beau replies as we walk inside.

"How are you doing, dear?" She smiles at him.

"I'm good." His brows pull together. "Where is she?"

The woman doesn't have to ask him to clarify, the corners of her lips turn down into a frown. "In her room."

"Alright, thank you, Lisa." The woman nods in response before walking away. Beau pulls me in the direction of the grand staircase.

I'm in awe again as I take in the magnificent foyer. The walls are white and decorated with family pictures and various art pieces, which I'm sure cost a fortune. Lovely flowers sit in a vase between the grand split staircases, and a crystal chandelier hangs over it all. As we walk up the stairs, I place my hand on the golden-hued banister.

"Once we are done visiting Nana, I'll show you around the estate. You will love the architectural infrastructure of the place," Beau says, noticing the expression of wonder on my face as I look around.

"I can't wait." I give him a soft smile.

We reach a door and Beau knocks softly. He doesn't wait for a response before slowly turning the doorknob.

"Nana, are you awake?" Beau asks, stepping into the room. I follow close behind. The room is cool and dark, but I can tell the walls are painted blue and black. A king-size bed sits in the middle of the room, covered in blue and white pillows.

"Is that my sweetie pie, I hear?" a soft voice says from the bed. Nana is there, tucked under the covers.

"Yes, Nana, it's me," Beau answers as we move toward her.

"Come closer, my dear." She tries to sit up, and Beau rushes to her side to help. He arranges the pillows behind her back to help her get comfortable. She places her hands on his cheeks and looks at him from head to toe.

"How are you feeling?" Beau asks, placing his hand over one of hers.

"As I should at this age," she replies, smiling softly. "And what are you doing standing over there, Lilah? Do you think I don't remember who you are just because I only met you once? Come over here, dear." She outstretches her other hand.

"Hello, Nana, it's been ages since I last saw you." I walk over to them, and Beau moves away as Nana pulls me into a warm hug.

"How are you doing?" she asks, letting go of me.

"I'm doing great. How about you?"

"I'm feeling so much better today than I have these past few months, simply because the both of you are here."