CHAPTER 50

DELILAH

I stare at myself in the mirror and blow out my cheeks. Beau's getting married today. I don't know what I thought would happen, but I didn't think it would ever get to this point. Looking at my dress in the mirror, tears fill my eyes as it's not the dress I had hoped to wear on Beau's wedding day. It was foolish for me to have agreed to stay when he asked me. I must have been possessed because only a fool would stay and watch the love of their life marry someone else.

Using my hands, I fan myself and take deep breaths to calm down. I don't want to ruin my makeup. Since I already agreed to stay, I might as well see this to the end. I'm picking up my purse to leave when someone knocks on my door. I go to open it, wondering if Tamara changed her mind about meeting me downstairs and needs something before we go. But Tamara isn't who's standing in the hall.

"Beau?" I say, shocked.

"Can I come in?" he asks, smiling.

Why is he smiling? And most importantly what the hell is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be at the altar in a few minutes? He needs to explain what exactly is going on. "Yes, but first—"

Beau cuts me off. "Hannah and I are no longer getting married."

"What?!"

"Can we talk inside?"

"Sure, I guess." Moving out of the way, I let him in. I'm so confused right now.

"Mon amour," Beau starts.

A gasp escapes my lips as my eyes widen. "W—what did y—you just ca—call me?" I stutter out, turning around after closing the door.

"I called you my love, cher." Beau smiles again as he takes hold of my hand.

"Oh my God!" Tears fill my eyes as I stare at him. "You got your memories back?" I pull my hand out of his and cover my open mouth. I can't believe it.

"I never lost them." He pulls my hand away from my mouth and squeezes it.

"You're joking." If it's possible, my eyes widen even more. I can't believe he's been pretending all this time, but why?

"I'm not." He continues to smile at me. I can't even remember the last time I saw him smile. Pulling my hand out of his again, I touch his face, pinching his cheeks to make sure he's real. He grabs my hand and places a kiss on my palm before dropping it. Butterflies fill my stomach from the little display of affection.

"Why did you pretend to lose your memories?" I can't believe all those times he behaved as if he was getting his memories back, he actually had them. But something doesn't make sense. If he had his memory all along, why did he behave the way he did? Why did he almost marry Hannah?

"I only pretended to lose my memory so I could keep my family away from you. I needed them to believe there was no risk of us being together, while I found evidence tying them to you and Tamara's kidnapping. I haven't used what I found to send my mother and grandfather to prison, but I threatened to if they don't allow us to be together."