EPILOGUE

One Year Later

I stare at Beau's handsome face as he sleeps soundly beside me. Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that we're finally together. I softly peck his lips before slipping out of bed, making sure to be as quiet as possible so as not to wake him. I pick up my purse and walk to the bathroom with it. Opening my handbag, I take out the object I've been hiding from Beau since I bought it yesterday.

How wonderful will it be if the result comes back positive?

I take the pregnancy test, then set the timer on my phone and wait impatiently in the bathroom. Beau will be so happy if I'm pregnant. We haven't been trying to have a baby, but I know he'll be pleased regardless. We've spoken about starting a family one day, so I know it's something we both want.

After what feels like an eternity, the timer on my phone goes off. I pick up the test and see two lines. I'm pregnant.

"Two lines!" I scream. I can't believe it. It feels like a dream come true. I know this isn't the first time, but it's different than before. I'm ready, and I want to have his baby now.

"Delilah, is everything alright? I heard you scream," Beau asks from the other side of the door. I had locked it to keep him from walking in on me.

"Everything is fine, honey," I call back. "Sorry, I woke you up."

I throw the pregnancy test in the trash bin, using some toilet paper to hide it. I know Beau will be happy to find out we're having a baby, but I want to tell him in a special way, so I need to keep it a secret for now. I don't know how I'm going to tell him yet, but I'll figure out something.

"Why did you lock the door, mon amour? Are you sure everything is okay?" Beau asks, concern in his voice.

"Yes, honey." I unlock the bathroom door and open it. "Everything is fine." A big smile graces my face as I stand before him.

"You look happy today." Beau wraps his arms around my waist and pecks my lips.

"Today is the happiest day of my life." I circle my arms around his neck, holding him close.

"Really, can I know why?"

"Not yet." I pass my hand through his soft curls, loving the feel of his hair against my fingers.

"Not yet?" He looks at me with an arched brow.

"Yes, not yet." I pull away from him and walk back into the bathroom.

"Why not yet?" he asks, following me.

"Because it's important that I tell you why in a special way."

"Hmm, I wonder what it could be then."

"You'll understand once I tell you." I smile, imagining how happy he'll be when he finds out we're having a baby.

BEAU

Releasing a sigh, I loosen the tie around my neck. Work is killing me these days. Since I got back to the office a month ago, things have been hectic. I've got a lot on my hands, and I wonder if it's because when I left the company a year ago, nobody took over my duties or because I just recently took on a higher role.

My grandfather's health started declining recently, so the board of directors asked me to step in. Running the family business wasn't something I thought was still in the cards for me. I grew up knowing that since I was the first grandchild I was next in line to take over, but after Grandfather disowned me, I didn't think there was any chance of it still happening. But here I am.

I snap out of my thoughts when my assistant walks in.

"Sir, I came to remind you about the lunch with your mother," she says.