CHAPTER 26

I bite my lips as I pace the room. It's been a few hours since Beau and Harvey went to get Tamara back. While we've waited, Camila and I tried to think of reasons why Tamara could have been kidnapped. Tamara comes from a wealthy family, but I don't believe she was abducted because of money. If she were, there would have been a ransom call, and her family would have reached out to ask what happened. Right after he left, Beau texted saying Harvey wanted to ask me not to inform her family about the kidnapping. He doesn't want them to worry about her. I told him it was wrong to keep it a secret from them, but he said if they didn't come back with her by midnight, then I could tell her family. I glance at the stove clock. It's nearing midnight. Harvey and Beau have been gone for almost six hours. I hope everything is okay.

A knock at the door snaps me out of my thoughts. Rushing over, I pull it open, and gasp in shock once my eyes land on Tamara in Harvey's arms. They walk inside the room with Beau following close behind. Tamara is injured badly. Tears fill my eyes as I take her in. Her clothes are ripped, and she has cuts all over her body.

Harvey walks Tamara to the couch and sets her down, standing beside her in a protective stance. I quickly go to her and pull her into my arms. She winces but holds onto me as she begins to cry. I gently pat her blood-matted hair. Tears stream down my face as her wails fill the room. What the hell happened to her?

"Lilah, they hurt me. They hurt me so badly," Tamara rasps as she cries into my shoulder. I wrap my arms tighter around her and feel another pair of hands touch mine. I look up and find Camila holding Tamara, too. We stare at each other, and the pain we feel for our friend can be seen in each of our eyes. I don't know how we'll help her overcome whatever it was she faced. But we will, together we will.

"I am so sorry, my friend." I say, trying to soothe her.

"I am, too. Can you tell us what happened?" Camila asks, unwrapping her arms from around Tamara. I do the same, and we both look at her.

"How about Beau tells you what happened while I get her wounds treated?" Harvey interjects, lifting Tamara off the couch before we can reply. She snuggles close to him and closes her eyes. Well...that's surprising. Camila and I look at each other with raised brows.

"Sure, of course," I say to Harvey, but he's already walking to the bathroom. I'm glad we decided to wait in Tamara's room for her return, it will probably make it easier on her being in a familiar space.

"Let's go to my room and talk," Beau says, his eyes lingering on the closed bathroom door.

I want to stay near Tamara in case she needs us, but it's clear she's not in any danger from Harvey. Today at least, anyway. "Sure," I agree. "Lead the way."

All three of us leave for Beau's room. I pray I didn't make a mistake leaving Harvey to care for Tamara. But I will go back and check on her once I understand what happened.

We only walk two doors down before stopping. Beau retrieves a room card from his pocket and opens the door. I almost roll my eyes. Of course he's staying in the room next to mine.

"What's going on, Beau? Why was Tamara kidnapped, and how did you manage to rescue her?" Camila fires off all her questions once we are inside the room.

Beau takes a deep breath. "My grandfather kidnapped Tamara because he is unhappy with Harvey's decisions regarding issues related to her. He handed her back once Harvey agreed to go back on said decision."

"I don't understand," I say, confused.

"Harvey wants to divorce his wife so he can be with Tamara. My grandfather doesn't want that, so he kidnapped Tamara and threatened to kill her if Harvey goes through with the divorce." He further clarifies.