The Party

Your Pov

I woke up from my nap and checked my phone to see what time it was. 6:00. There is two hours til the party. To past time I decided to watch tv. About 20 minutes later I get up to go to Bucky's room but someone knocks on my door.

"What?" I said as I open the door and look at Kate.

"Hi" she says nervously. "Hi?" I said with a confused look. "Um can I come in?" she asked me.

"What for, exactly?" I asked. "T-To talk." she stated. "Fine, but make it quick." I said as I let her in and we sat down on my bed.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked her. "Us." she said.

"What about us?"

"What are we? Friends? Do you hate me?"

"No I don't hate you but I don't like you and, friends? I'll think about that." I said and the room silenced until Kate decided to speak up.

"I'm sorry for what happened. The mission you went on with Natasha I felt jealous. I mean, the mission did take two years. I just felt alone and Yelena was there for me and it just happened. I just want you to know that I am sorry." Kate finally said.

"Took you long enough to apologize but, you know, shit happens and what's done is done. You cheated and there's nothing I can do about it. We can probably be friends or people who just talk every once in a while but we will never be more than friends again. You really broke my heart, Kate, and once a cheater always a cheater, you know." I admitted then continued. "I got one question that I want you to answer truthfully." I stated.

"Ok, what is it?" she asked and looked at me.

"How many times did it happen, don't lie, please. Just tell me cause I know damn well it happened more than once. So, how many times?"

"I-I- I don't know." she sighed and looked down.

I chucked trying to hide my pain then said "It happened so many times you lost count." I shook my head.

"I'm so sorry Y/n. I really am." she said tears threatening to leave both of our eyes.

"You know, when I went on that mission not once." I sighed then continued. "Not once did I kiss Natasha. Not once did I do anything with anyone! I didn't cheat at. all! But I come back to you cheating on me!And then Natasha finds some way to blame it on me! But, come on. Knowing her she just probably did that to push me away, which clearly worked cause that pissed me off!" I said getting a bit mad.

"You know, after you left, she left as well. She was really mad at me and Yelena. She was kind of mad at herself because she pushed you away but she only did that because she had feelings for you. After you I broke up she basically had a chance to be with you but she clearly screwed that up. Anyways, she stopped being friends with me and went wherever." She said. I was about to say something but I hear someone knock on the door. I get up to open the door and Kate follows me.

"Hey Y/n!" Peter said. "Hey Pete." I said, happy to see him. He then points to Kate behind me and gives me a confused look.

"We were just talking, right Kate?" I said as I turned to look at her.

"Yeah, well i'm gonna go now. I'll see you later, Y/n. Bye Peter."

"Bye." Peter and I said. "So what you need?" I ask Peter.

"Just because I knock on your doesn't mean I need something."

"Well, do you?"

"Yes." He mumbled and I laughed.