Chapter 5.

December 29,1995. Stark Manor.

Melissa had gotten used to the many rooms in the Manor. She had been living there for over three weeks.

She had taken a special liking to Jarvis who was always around to listen to her blabbering. The girl was always fascinated by new things and asked series of questions about anything and everything, to which Jarvis tries his best to answer. She was like a sponge absorbing everything she learns.

Howard Stark couldn't deny the love he had for the little ball of light, even though he rarely interacted with her. She reminded him too much of Tony that it felt like he was raising him all over again.

Tony had tried his possible best to find that 'Katie' lady. In the CCTV footage, she had worn an all black clothes, mask, gloves and shoes. It was almost as if it was a shadow that dropped the girl off.

Speaking of babies, Tony noticed that Melissa never talks about her mother, she only talks about Elena and her giant brother. It made Tony wonder where she was brought up.

"I want hot chocolate. Jarvis promised to make me one this afternoon."

"Why don't you go ahead and ask him. I'm sure he's in the kitchen. Ask him to prepare a cup of coffee for me, hmm?" He replied, as he removed the pencil from his lips and dropped it on the table.

Melissa nodded and skipped off, to the kitchen she spends most of her day in. Ever since she tried hot chocolate for the first time, she had been practically addicted to it. She particularly loved them in paper cups, she wished Elena was here to taste this.

She entered the kitchen to see Jarvis cooking. She waited a little to round up what he was doing, just like Maria had taught her, always wait for the cook to round of up before you bother them.

"Jarvis, daddy says he needs a cup of coffee. And you also promised me hot chocolate yesterday." She quipped.

Jarvis turned around to look at the adorable little girl, tugging at the strings of her hoodie. He knew she was here for the hot chocolate not because her father sent her to ask for a cup of coffee. He quickly prepared it, pouring it in a little paper cup.

"Here you go, little miss." Jarvis said as the girl took the hot chocolate from him, excitement written all over her face.

"Thank you." The girl said as she hurried back to her father's office. Granny Maria and Grandpa Howard had gone on a trip, they offered to take her along but she refused upon hearing the news that her father and Rhodey were arriving that day.

She made her way towards her dad's workshop. That was where she spent most of her day, even if Tony wasn't there. She was always up to something in the shop. Either writing all over her dad's blueprints or talking to the moving bots.

She walked into the shop heading towards her father when a machine turned around and slammed the tiny cup right out of her tiny fingers.

She let out a loud gasp that caught Tony's attention, looking down at hot chocolate on the floor. Luckily, none of the contents had spilled on her.

Tony watched in amusement as she suddenly glared up at the machine, looking like she was about to cuss it out, before hitting it with her tiny hand before spitting out "dummy" like that was the best thing she could come up with.

She glared at it again before picking up the cup and walking out of the room, probably to get a refill.

Tony chuckled before moving over to the machine.

"Guess who just got named?".