35: Battle of New York.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." Cap instructs like the leader he is.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Agent Barton asks dad.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Dad replies picking up the agent.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor flies to his post. Cap turns to Nat and I.

"Three of us, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk." He calls out to the rage monster. "Smash." Hulk lets out a smirk as he leaps to the nearest building ripping of the clinging soldiers like one would pluck a lemon.

A shadow falls upon the light and I look up to see a thick dark cloud and I smirk as Thor directs the thunder at the portal keeping the rest of the army from coming through.

I look around me to see a group of chitauri stalking towards me and I sigh adjusting my gloves, my fingers glowing the now familiar blue.

"So, who's going to go first?" I ask, maybe to myself, I don't think they even speak English.

Two of the soldiers rush forward only to fall with a round gaping hole in their chest. The rest roars coming at me and I take them out with ease. I head towards Nat to give her a hand, shooting energy beams at the chitauri in my way.

I get there in time to see her a energy rifle to take out the last of them. She suddenly turns to me pointing the rifle and relaxed when she recognizes me. Something lands behind me and I raise my glowing fist, I let out a loud breath of relief.

"You shouldn't try that again." I said to Cap and Nat nods. She leans against the battered car behind her.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Nat breathes out.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Cap replies.

Nat looks at me for a few seconds and I frown in confusion. "Well, maybe it's not about guns."

She takes her eyes off me to look at Cap before gesturing to the flying chariots.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride." Cap replies.

"That's crazy. I could-" I start but she ignores me.

"I got a ride. I could use a lift though. Plus I think it'll look good in my resume." She says.

She backs up giving herself a running start. Cap lifts and angles his shield.
"Are you sure about this?" He asks again.

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun. And I could use your help too, Lis." She says turning her head to me for a brief second before running towards Cap, using the car she once leaned on as a leverage before jumping onto Cap's shield. The later tosses her up like she weighs nothing before turning to me.

I look at another wave of chitauri coming at us.

"Go, I've got this." Cap says to me. I nod before taking off in the direction of the tower, keeping an eye out for Nat.

"Nat! Where the hell are you?" I ask when I don't see her around.

"Forget about me get to the tower I'll meet you there." She replies.

"But-"

"Stop wasting precious time talking, get to the damned roof." She cuts me off.

I let out a huff and fly to the rooftop, landing on the white gravel, scrunching beneath my feet.

The blinding light has me covering my eyes. Despite that, I can still feel the pull, the Tessaract calling out to me. I couldn't resist moving closer and closer, stretching my hand out to the cube. My head ached, bearably.