37: The Mandarin.

"Ow!" I heard dad shout as I made my way to the lab.

"Sir, please may I request just a few hours to calibrate…" JARVIS starts but dad cuts him off.

"No. Forty-eight." Dad says as he injects himself and I flinched. It's like he just noticed my presence because he drops the gun immediately he raised his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm done anyways, micro-repeater implanting sequence complete." He says standing up, wiping the blood along his arms.

"As you wish, sir. I've also prepared a safety briefing for you to entirely ignore." JARVIS quips.

"Which I will. Right, let's do this. Where have you been all day? You're never around these days, the house is so quiet without you." He asks.

"Nat was in town and we hung out together. I've mentioned like about  a thousand times already." I replied.

I smile at the sight of the hat on Dum-E's head. Dad follows my line of vision before smiling.

"Dummy. It's cute isn't it? Hi, Dummy. How did you get that cap on your head? You earned it." Dad says as he walks towards it, hitting the punching the wooden Wing Chun dummy on before turning to DUM-E.

"Hey. Hey! What are you doing round in the corner? You know what you did. Blood on my mat, handle it." Dad says before walking away.

"Sir, may I remind you that you've been awake for nearly-"

"Mute." Dad cuts him off and I frown.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask.

He doesn't reply and I sigh.

"J?" I ask the A.I.

"Nearly seventy two hours, miss." JARVIS replies.

Ever since New York, dad has been having difficulty sleeping and I was worried, really worried. It was starting to seem like after Afghanistan all over again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I just didn't want to worry you, you know, with everything that's going on with you too" he replies looking at the floor.

He was right, ever since Loki poked me with that scepter, I've been having weird, realistic dreams. Though it wasn't has serious has dad put it. It only happened when I was stressed or my powers were too strained. They weren't even dreams they were like... flashes from the future. Visions?

"Okay, how about this, we finish up here, then you get two hours of sleep?" I ask and he nods.

"Thanks smalls." He murmured before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Alright. Focus up, ladies. Good evening, and welcome to the birthing suite. I'm pleased to announce the imminent arrival of your bouncing, bad-ass, baby brother." Dad says standing in front of the rest of his suits. He turns towards DUM-E.

"Start tight and go wide, stamp in time. Mark 42 autonomous prehensile propulsion suit test. Initialize sequence." He instructs. He wiggles his fingers and the suit activates. "Jarvis, drop my needle."

Dad wiggles his hips, snapping his fingers as the track starts to play. He closes his eyes and I start laughing. He opens his eyes to throw me an amused look. He turns in he direction of the suit parts on the table. He stretches his arm forward but nothing.

"Crap." He mutters as he sucked his  forearm where he'd injected himself once and then hits it a couple of times, he points his arm again and this time a part of the suit flies over to him and attaches itself to his hand and extends to his arm and shoulder.