50: Betrayal

I snuggled further into the warm blanket draped over me. Now this is the kind of power I would kill for. Magic.
Loki had conjured it over my sleeping form a couple of minutes ago.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." I made out Loki's voice.

They thought I was sleeping. Well, I was for a few minutes, but then I was in that space where you were asleep but was still conscious of what was around you.

"It would consume you." Thor retorts.

"She's holding up alright, for now." Loki replied.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor defended.

"Say goodbye." Loki taunted.

"Not this day." Thor retorted, I could tell he was already getting worked up.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heart beat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you." Loki says and my heart drops. Is that what he thinks of the two of us? I thought we had something.

"Is that what you think of Stark? You think nobody sees it but I can see that you care for her, do you think she would just die one day? And will that satisfy you?" Thor asked.

It was really quiet and I was really tempted to open my eyes just to satisfy my curiosity.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki replies.

"Surrender not in mine." Thor replied.

"The son of Odin." Loki taunted.

"No, not just of Odin! You think you alone were loved by mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!" Thor replied getting defensive.

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!" Loki shouts and I flinched, memories from the day before flooding my mind.
I should have tried harder.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor shouted.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!" Loki shouted. The sound of shuffling feet and grunting is what I heard next and I'm surprised I haven't open my eyes yet.

'You know damn well! You know damn well who!" Thor shouts. "She wouldn't want us to fight." He continues like he was tired.

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki replies and a smile graced my lips.

"I wish I could trust you." Thor says.

"Trust my rage." Loki says after a few seconds of silence.

I can't hear anything again so I shifted, trying to get into a more comfortable position.

The blanket moves up to my neck and I opened my eyes to see Loki's face a few inches from mine, his hand on the blanket.

"Hey." I whispered and he smiles softly.

"Are you alright?" He asks softly and I nod. I opened my mouth to speak but an unexpected force consumes me making me seat up, I turned to see Jane also seating face the same direction as I was.

"Darling?"

"Malekith." Jane and I responded.

A warm tingling sensation takes over the force and I look down to see my veins glowing green courtesy of Loki's fingers in twined with mine and I let out a worried smile.

▪️▪️▪️

"Alright, are you ready?" Thor asks.

"I am." Loki replies.