31: Warm light for Mankind.

Loki is now free from his cuffs and is contained in a large glass cell. Fury walks up to the control panel of the cell.

"In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass." Fury says as he pressed a button. The hatch opened and Loki peeps down. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!" He asks as he pressed something, then points at Loki.

"Ant." He points at the panel. "Boot."

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki says calmly.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury replies.

"Oh, I've heard." He replies looking directly into the camera. "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" He jabs.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury replies.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki mocks.

Fury is quiet for a few seconds and I frown. "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something." Fury replies walking off. Loki looks back at the camera, smirking.

The screen goes black and I look around at everyone, well everyone except dad.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce says, breaking the silence.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks from beside me.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor replies.

"An army? From outer space?" Steve asks.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce states.

"Selvig?" Thor asks.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce replies.

"He's a friend." Thor replies.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha says and I let out a small breath.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve says.

"Yeah. He didn't deny it when I asked. I think this is all part of his plan." I spoke out.

"He answered you?" Natasha asks and I shrugged.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce says.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor says.

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha says not looking up.

"He's adopted." Thor replies and I smile a little, Asgardians are not so different from us after all.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce ask.

"It's a stabilizing agent." I started but I stop when dad enters with Phil.

"I'm saying, take a weekend off. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep the love alive." Dad says to Phil and he nods leaving.

"Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD." Dad finishes for me.