15: Weapon or no weapon

The past few months had gone by rather quickly. By quickly I mean dad spend money lavishly, working on the suit upgrade, going off to blow weapons up, me trying and giving up on whatever Edgar put in me.

Imagine my surprise when Pepper walks into my room on the night of the Stark expo to tell me that we were going to DC in a few hours.

I quickly toss a few formal wear and a few other important stuff in before rushing to the airport with Pepper.

"I'm going to see Aunt Peggy after the hearing, you coming?" I ask dad in the phone. He was already in the court room and Happy was coming to pick us up.

"Nah, I'll pass." Dad replies and I sigh. He always avoided meeting her and I don't know why. Maybe because she could see right through him and still whip his ass if he fucks up.

"Okay then. Are you still planning the trip to Europe?" I ask

"Yeah."he replies.

"Are we going to London?" I ask hoping he'd tell me but he doesn't.

"Nope. Not telling. Nice try though. I almost fell for it. It's a spontaneous trip, smalls. That's why it's called spontaneous, you don't need to know. Now keep your curiosity in check, I think I just saw Hammer walk in." He says.

"Hammer? He can't be the one. What could he be doing there?" I ask.

"Well I don't know. Could you compile those clips for me?" He responds and I sigh.

"Fine. But I'm sure it's not Hammer." I say as I hang up.

Hammer is the worst. He's not a weapons expert. Heck, even Dum-E could be a better expert than he is.

▪️▪️▪️

"Mr Stark, could we pick up now where we left off? Mr Stark. Please." The senator tries to get dad's attention off Pepper. Dad doesn't respond still whispering to her. Pepper tries to tell him off but the gavel sounds louder than before, catching dad's attention.

"Yes dear?" He asks facing his front now.

"Can I have your attention?" Senator Stern asks.

"Absolutely."dad replies nonchalantly.

"Do you or do you not possess a specialised weapon?" The senator asks

"I do not." Dad replied quickly.

"You do not?" He asks.

"I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon." Dad replies

"The Iron Man weapon." Senator Stern replies.

"My device does not fit that description." Dad responds with a bored tone.

"Well... How would you describe it?" Stern asks

"I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Senator." Dad replies

"As?" The senator asks

"It's a high-tech prosthesis. That is... That is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of it." Dad replies before turning to me and I nod.

"It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mr Stark." The senator insists and I groan.

"Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen..." dad starts

"My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America." The Senator interupts.

"Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending or what state you're in. You can't have it." Dad says.