39: Nightmares.

"Happy."

"Oh, Lis. Thank God you're here. He'd just finished showing her his brain, now they're just sitting there." He states.

"What about the other one? The shifty one?" I ask.

"He's over there, by that car over there." He says gesturing to the car subtly.

I watch the guy for a few minutes, assessing him.
"Yeah, he's really shifty." I muttered.

"I've been watching him all day. He gives me unsettling feelings." Happy whispered.

The guy catches my eye and he winks at me and I glare at him.

"Well, I can't say that I'm not disappointed. But then as my father used to say, 'Failure is the fog through which we glimpse triumph.' " I heard someone say and I frown. What the hell does that even mean?

"That's very deep." I heard Pepper reply.

"Mm." The other person, I'm guessing Killian hums.

"And I have no idea what it means." Pepper continues.

"Well, me neither. He was kind of an idiot, my old man." He replies and Pepper laughs.

I scowl. Was he trying to flirt with her? She's taken dude, by a fucking Stark.

"I'm sure I'll see you again, Pepper." He says.

I step out of our hiding spot just in time to see him place a kiss on her cheeks and my scowl deepens.

I clear my throat cutting their stupid moment. Killian raises his head smirking as recognition flashes in his face.

"Junior Stark." He greets.

"Aldrich Killian." I replied.

"Lisa, what are you doing here?" She ask.

"Well, I'll be leaving now." Killian says as he walks towards his driver, who winks at me again. I swear if I see him again, I'm putting a blast through his leg.

"Well, a little birdie told me Happy was harassing the staff, so I came to watch first hand." I replied and she nods

"Happy…" She says again when Happy appear behind me.

"The car is ready, if you're ready to go." Happy informs.

"Yes. I just um... God, I forgot my... other thing, so... I'm just gonna..." She says flustered.

"I'll come with you." I told her, I turn back to Happy gesturing to track their car. He nods raising his phone.

I take out a packet of chocolate from my back pocket, taking a bite as I follow behind her.

▪️▪️▪️

We enter the driveway and I gape at the sight before me. The giant stuffed rabbit, about fifteen feet tall is standing proudly there.

He isn't dying again, is he? The last time he was this extra I found out I was loosing him.

"I'm sorry we're late. I was... What the...? What is that?!" Pepper asked as we walk in to see dad, well, the mark 42 suit sitting on the couch.

"You're wearing this in the house now? What is that, like Mark 15?" She asks and I snicker.

"Uh...yeah. Something like that. You know everybody needs a hobby." Dad replies.

"Um, I'm gonna...go, I have to fix something on my suit." I excused myself as dad started to walk towards her.

Ever since they've gotten together, I've walked in and witnessed many, many awkward situations.