44: Memories Brings Back Memories.

Everywhere is so loud and it's way past my bedtime. I look down at my Captain America themed wristwatch. 11:30 glares back at me and I roll my eyes. Daddy promised we'll leave by 10:30 sharp.

I nudge Happy and he look down at me. I point to my watch and he nods, looking down at his.

"Half hour till the ball drops." I heard him tell the lady that had been following my daddy around all night.

"Tony Stark? Great speech, man!" Someone comes but Happy drags him away.

"I gave a speech? How was it?" Daddy asks.

"Edifying" Happy replies and I just stay quiet looking between the adults.

"Unintelligible." The lady replies. I frown at the word she used, I'm going to find out what it means when we get to the hotel. Maybe T knows the meaning, he is really smart.

"It's my favorite kind, a winning combo." Daddy replies as he starts to walk away, leaving me behind I rush after them, people kept bumping into me, slowing me down.

"Mr. Stark" someone calls out and dad stops giving me the chance to catch up to them. I grab a hold of Happy's hand and he looks down at me. He raises his eye brow in question and I nod.

We walk toward the elevator and I clutch Happy's large hand tightly not wanting to get lost in this large sea of people.

"Mr. Stark!" Another person calls out over the loud crowd. The person must be shouting for us to hear over these voices.

I see a man with long flowing hair running and pushing people to get to us.

"Oh, wow! Hey, Tony! Aldrich Killian. I'm a big fan of your work!" He says limping. I watched as he balanced himself on one leg. I think his other leg is missing or not functioning properly. I look away immediately, Pepper says it's rude to stare.

"…Miss Hansen, my organization has been tracking your research since year two of MIT." The man says to the lady. It was good, maybe she'll follow the man and let daddy and I go to our hotel.

The elevator opens and Happy pulls me in. He puts his hand on the door.
"Yeah, we're full." Happy says to the man but the man passes under his arm and I smile.

"What's funny?" Happy asks me.

"He tricked you." I replied and he scowls, making me giggle.

"What floor are you going to, pal?" Happy asks the man.

"Oh, now, that is an appropriate question. The ground floor, actually. I've got a proposal I'm putting together with myself. It's a privately-funded think tank called, Advanced Idea Mechanics." The man says holding out two business cards to dad and the lady.

"Uh... she'll take both." Dad replies.

"Okay." The lady says as she takes the two card.

"One to throw away and one to not call." Dad says and I scowl. I don't know why he was being mean, if I was close to his side, I would have stepped on his shoe.

"Advanced Idea Mechanics, or AIM for short. Do you get it?" The man says ignoring what dad said to him and I smiled.

"I see that, cause it's on your t-shirt." Dad replies.

"Aw!" The man responds as the elevator bell pings. The ladies start to walk out breaking my grip on Happy's hand.

He turns around to get me and I point to dad who was standing behind the crowd and he nods in understanding.