28: Mind Games.

Peace.

That one word. I never knew it could be a feeling.

I've never felt it.

Something flashes.

Red and blue. It seems to be a... onesie?
It was gone again, as fast as it came.

It's so quiet. So calm. So... blue.

' was he married?' a strange voice asks. It wasn't all that strange. I think I've heard it before.

' there was a cellist I think.' I heard dad reply.

What the heck where they talking about.

"...she asked me to find you. That was the last thing she told me." Another voice says.

Everywhere is suddenly dark. I look around nothing but darkness. I look around for everyone but no one is here.

I stand up trying to call out but nothing. I suddenly see a blinding light seeping through a door. Wait, a door?

I simply shrug not like I have any options. I move to open the door but it disappears out of my reach leading me into the room that was glowing blue. I see a shining blue stone in the room, the glow seemed so familiar.

I look down at my hand to see them glow just like the stone. I move my hand out to touch the stone, I feel so alive. My hand touched the blue stone and I could feel power surging through my veins, the gem glows brighter, like we were feeding off each other.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang, accompanied by a muffled sound. I was annoyed. Why can't I just enjoy this peace a little longer?

The muffled sound comes again, louder than before. It seems they're calling out to someone. But who? Why were they disturbing me to get to whosoever they were trying to get to?

The bang comes again.

This time I feel it. I could feel something or someone touching me. Begrudgingly, I open my eyes. The first thing that I see is the stars.

Beautiful as always.

"...sa, Lisa?" I heard someone call out.

I try to place the very familiar voice. I'm sure I've heard it about a billion times.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I sat up, grabbing my head. It felt like a truck just ran over my head.

"What the hell just happened?" I croaked out.

I noticed sand was on my body so I tried to wipe it off but it wasn't useful.

"You just fell out of a moving vehicle without using your powers. I'm surprised you haven't sustained any injury." He said helping me up.

"Why is my head banging?" I muttered but I guess he caught it.

"Well, to take you out of the state you were in, I hit you hard with the butt of the gun. Cognitive recalibration." He explained.

I gasp touching the back of my head.

"If I annoyed you that much, you should have told me, not try to put me into coma, Fury." I said rubbing my head.

He just rolled his eye and turned around.

"We have to get you home before your dad throws me off his building." He said.

I nod, taking note of our surroundings. "Why the hell is that helicopter on fire?"

▪️▪️▪️