27: Funny.

My feet bounced continuously on the floor. I tried to control it but it just isn't working. I just hope I don't smash a hole into the ground of the helicopter. Not with the way my abilities are misbehaving.

"You guys know this is kidnapping right? You technically forced me to come here." I said to Fury and the female agent beside him.

Agent Hill was what he called her so I'm guessing that's her name. Or maybe it's just a cover name like Natalie and Natasha.

Dad is going to be so mad if he ever finds out about this. We finally reach where we are going. It's some sort of facility, I think.

Standing a few yards from the landing pad is Phil. I'm glad. Atleast there's another familiar face that I'm sure would tell me what's going on.

"How bad is it?" Fury asks over the loud noise of the helicopters. I can't help but wonder how bad whatever this is is.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know." He replies. He nods at me in acknowledgement and I throw him a small wave.

We head into an elevator that takes us underground. Hundreds of technicians and other staff run around, carrying boxes and crates. Everything is just a mess.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Phil says as we pass through the mess.

I only know about the Tesseract because of granddad's stories and I stumbled upon it once upon a time. But I don't understand what it has to do with this or what I have to do with this. Selvig is here? It must be very serious. And did he just say four hours ago? That's around the time I started having these surges.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury says.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Phil says.

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked.

"What are the energy levels now?" Fury asks. Maybe that's why I'm here. For energy. Maybe they already asked dad and he was being difficult. But he would've told me about it.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evac." Phil replied. No wonder everyone was rushing.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asks.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Phil says.

"Do better." Fury says to Phil and he nods before turning back.

We go down a very long flight of stairs.
"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Agent Hill states.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury asks, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance." She says. This has to be why I'm here.  Maybe they needed me to wrap a force field around it if it explodes.

"I need you to make sure that PHASE 2 prototypes are shipped out." Fury says.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" She asks and it makes me wonder what the hell this phase two is.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of PHASE 2 on a truck and gone." Fury says with authority and agent Hill complies.

"Yes, sir." She says before gesturing to other agents around. "With me."

"Can you tell me why I'm here now?" I ask as we some sort of lab. A blue glowing cube right in the middle of it. I recognised it as the Tesseract. It's glowing so much that it looks familiar. I walk towards it, almost as if it's calling me. I feel a surge of electricity go down my spine and I close my eyes, relishing it.