7: Lost but Found.

Three months. Three freaking months and no news. No threats, no bargain, no call, no trace.

Loosing hope is not an option. I refuse to give up now.

"Miss, you've been awake for 64 hours. It is unhealthy for your system." JARVIS said.

I've been in front of the television for more than twenty four hours and I couldn't for the life of me tell what was going on.

"Miss Potts has arrived and she seems rather excited." JARVIS says again after a few minutes.

"Yeah, let her in." I muttered.

Everyday for the past three months Rhodey and Pepper made sure to contact me before and after bed. Happy too but only once a day. Obie only called a handful of times asking me if I've heard anything and if I knew where dad keeps his blueprints or to make another weapon or something like that, not that I was listening or anything.

"Lis! Lisa!!" I heard Pepper call out for me. The excitement in her voice has me turning on the couch to face her. It's not my birthday, is it?

"He's on his way. They've found him."

▪️▪️▪️

We've been waiting for twenty minutes when I finally spotted the jet. I was waiting impatiently beside Pepper, Happy a few feet behind us.

The ramp lowers and I can make out the figure of two people, one standing and the other sitting. I see as Rhodey helps dad down the ramp and tears fills my eyes.

He lets go of Rhodey's hand and open his good arm for me to run into, which I did, careful not to hurt his arm that is resting in the blue cast.

"It's okay. I'm here now, aren't I?" He comforts as I sob into his chest, running his hands through my tangled brown locks.

I finally wipe my tears. Taking his pale face in. He looked really sick.

"What did I say about wearing my clothes? You have yours for a reason." He comments after checking me out.

I smiled, I know I have my dad back.

I finally turn around to see Pepper smiling at us with tears in her eyes.

"Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long-lost boss?" Dad teases as soon as he notices what I did.

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting." Pepper replied smiling.

"Yeah, vacation's over." Dad said as we got into the car. Pepper sat at the front while dad and I sat together at the back.

"Where to, sir?" Happy asked peering at us through the mirror.

"Take us to the hospital, please, Happy." Pepper replied.

"No." Dad replied defiantly.

"No? Dad, you have to go to the hospital." I tried to persuade.

"No is a complete answer." He insisted.

"The doctor has to look at you." Pepper tried again.

"I don't have to do anything. I've been in captivity for three months. There are two things I want to do. I want an American cheeseburger, and the other..." He says pausing, making Pepper turn around, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's enough of that." Pepper says.

"...is not what you think. I want you to call for a press conference now." Dad continues.

"Call for a press conference?" Pepper asks turning around again.

"Yeah."

"What on earth for?"Pepper asks.