48: Miserable.

One good thing about crying your eyes out is the relaxing sleep that comes after. I wake up from one of the most peaceful sleep I've had in a very long time. I almost can't complain about the migraine that comes after.

I stand up from the bed groggily and I wince when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I walk towards the large basin of water in the room, washing my face with it.

After getting some sense of relief, I walk back towards the mirror to see, if I looked presentable. I did, at least you wouldn't be able to tell that this girl just bawled her eyes out at the first glance.

A piece of paper beside the nightstand catches my attention and I frown at the fact that I didn't see it before. I walk towards it and I notice the little glass of something that looked like one of those hangover cures that dad takes. The glass was as small as a shot glass. I read the note before picking up the glass.

~For the migraine.
F.

I smile in appreciation before downing the honey like liquid and relief floods through me almost immediately. I could feel myself light up like the morning sun.

I let out a chuckle of amazement before dropping the cup which disappears almost immediately, along with the note.

I walk out the room into the quiet hallway. I take in the beautiful sight with a smile. With all that has been happening I haven't been able to take in the beauty of this planet.

"I see my remedy worked quite well." I hear a familiar voice say a few feet away.

"Oh, your Majesty. Thanks a lot for that. I really needed it." I replied with a smile. "I'm glad we're able to meet  again in a more comfortable situation." I rumbled the last part.

"I must apologize for the other time. And also for what my son said to you afterwards." She replies walking closer to me.

"How did you know-" I start trailing off.

"I was raised by witches, child. I see not only with the eyes. Come, walk with me." She replies as I step in line with her.

"My son has been through a lot. He claims that I could never understand but I do. I can see what ever he went through affected him a great deal. I am his mother after all." She says the last part with a sad chuckle.
"He gets attached to things quite easily. As a child, he wouldn't let anyone touch his belongings. He wouldn't teach Thor about simply tricks that your average person knew because he claimed it was his and only his." She smiles fondly at the memory. I wonder how it would have been to have two sons, one strong and loud the other not as strong and quiet fight over something, a toy maybe. I smile at the image I contorted in my head.

"He feels betrayed and hurt, the fear that the people he loves would betray him again. That's why he chooses pushing people he cares about away so they wouldn't hurt him when he let's his guard down." She explains and I nod in understanding.

"He is sorry for what he said to you. I saw it, he really loves you." I replied. I felt the urge to apologise for his mistake.

"As he does you." She replies with a knowing smile and my steps falter.

"W- what? No. You're mistaken. If this is about the other time, it was just a moment of comfort nothing more. I just really needed the- " I stop when I realise that I'm rambling.
"What makes you think he would love a mortal like me? Especially when he thinks he's above us all, we barely even know each other." I ask.