25: Kill Zone.

"What do you mean you’re not dying? Did you just say you’re dying?" I heard Pepper say as I landed wobbly beside dad.

"Lisa, is that you?" Dad asks.

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine. I just need a minute or two." I replied as I tried to catch my breath.

"No, I’m not. Not anymore." Dad says and I realise Pepper is still on the phone.

"What’s going on? And why is Lisa sounding so out of breath?" Pepper asks.

"Lisa just kind of flew here. I was going to tell you. I didn’t want to alarm you." Dad replies and I really really wanted to seat down.

"You were gonna tell me? Wait, Lisa can fly and you really were dying?" Pepper asks and I groan.

"You didn’t let me." Dad says.

"Why didn’t you tell me that?" Pepper asks.

"I was gonna make you an omelette and tell you. I just found out Lisa can fly so I'm as surprised as you are."

"Hey, hey. I'm trying to relax for a few seconds here. I just discovered I could fly literally just ten minutes ago. Dad was dying but he's not dying anytime soon. Maybe we'll die in a few minutes because I know Vanko would've found out where we are."

"Lisa is right. Save it for the honeymoon. You got incoming Tony. Looks like the fight’s coming to you."

"Great. Pepper?" Dad calls out.

"Are you okay now?" Pepper asks.

"I am fine. Don’t be mad. I will formally apologise…" dad starts

"I am mad!" Pepper cuts in.

"…when I’m not fending off a Hammeroid attack." Dad continues.

"Fine."

"We could have been in Venice." Dad continues.

"Oh please."

I squat beside Rhodey tapping his arm. Dad comes beside me tapping his helmet.

"Rhodes? Snap out of it buddy. We need you. They’re coming. Come on, let’s roll. Get up." Dad says looking around.

"Oh, man. You can have your suit back." Rhodey says after he opens the helmet.

"You okay?" Dad asks as we help him up.

"Yeah, thanks. Tony, look, I’m sorry, okay?" Rhodey says

"Don’t be." Dad replies.

"No. I should have trusted you more." Rhodey continues.

"I’m the one who put you in this position. Forget it." Dad says.

"No. It’s your fault. I just wanted to say I’m sorry." Rhodey retorts 

"Thank you. That’s all I wanted to hear. Partner. They’re coming in hot, any second. What’s the play?" Dad asks.

"Well, we want to take the high ground, okay? So let’s put the biggest gun up on that ridge." Rhodey replies.

"Got you. Where do you want to be?" Dad says as he begins to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Rhodey asks.

"What’re you talking about?" Dad asks.

"I meant me." Rhodes says and I roll my eyes. Here comes the bickering.

"You have a big gun. You are not the big gun." Dad states

"Tony, don’t be jealous." Rhodey continues.