thirty three

2 months later, july 21

ariana clutched to y/n's arm as she watched her converse with her friend ariana had never met. her eyes kept flashing over to a girl she also didn't know that was standing with her own friends, and she was staring at y/n.

ever since the lara incident, ariana had been jealous of nearly every girl y/n talked to or every girl that looked at her.

"yeah, yeah. yep, you too!" y/n ended her conversation, giving her friend a small wave as he walked away. she looked down at ariana with a smile before it dwindled away once she noticed the look on her girlfriend's face.

she pulled her arm out of ariana's hold. "ariana, are you serious? today of all days?" she breathed, pinching the bridge of her nose. ariana huffed, crossing her arms against her chest.

"i'm sorry, baby. c'mon, you know how i get now." she excused herself, wrapping her arms around y/n's neck. y/n closed her eyes and sighed as ariana kissed her collarbone. "i'm sorry, okay? i'm just worri-"

"i know, ari. i know. can we not talk about this right now?" y/n cut her off, laying her hands on ariana's hips. ariana bit her lip and nodded, standing on her toes to press her lips to y/n's.

ariana hummed as she pulled away, running her hands down y/n's chest. "i love you." she whispered, nudging y/n's nose with her's. her heart fluttered as y/n scrunched up her nose as a reaction.

"i love you too," she replied truthfully, kissing her girlfriend again. ariana smiled, whispering against y/n's lips. "happy birthday, baby."

y/n smiled back, pulling away completely. "thank you. i'm gonna go play a few games with miles, okay?" she asked, slowly backing away. ariana nodded.

"go have fun. i'm gonna go find frankie."

--

by the time everyone had left the house, both of them were too tired to even try and do anything. ariana didn't mind though, as she planned to wake y/n up on her actual birthday with a nice surprise.

y/n helped ariana take off her dress before hanging it back up so it didn't get wrinkly before helping her back into more comfortable clothes. she then fixed herself up before they both made their way to the bathroom, brushing their teeth together.

y/n stood back as she watched ariana finish up her skincare routine, watching her with a small smile. ariana noticed, scrunching up her nose as she massaged her face wash in.

"why're you lookin at me like that?" she giggled, leaning down to rinse off her skin. y/n stepped forward, hiding her nose in ariana's neck as she wrapped her arms around her waist.

"i just love you so much. so, so much." y/n whispered, leaving a kiss on ariana's exposed shoulder. ariana smiled, leaning her head against y/n's as she ran her hand over her jaw.

"i know, baby." she whispered in return. she didn't even have to say it for y/n to know that she loved her more than anything. she tilted her head back to look up at y/n, slightly frowning at the thoughtful look on her face.

ariana turned around in y/n's arms, placing her hands on her cheeks. "what're you thinking about, hm?" she asked, brushing back y/n's hair.

y/n sighed, dipping her head. "my-my mom. just miss her a lot and it always gets worse on my birthday." she shrugged, trying to brush it off like it wasn't a big deal. her hands dragged against ariana's sides as she pulled away, walking into the bedroom.

ariana's frown deepened as she followed her, sitting down on the bed next to her. "do you wanna talk about her to me? i'd like to know about her."

y/n didn't talk much about her mother, and ariana suspected it was because it brought too much pain to remember her mom that left her with a piece of shit dad. ariana doesn't know how y/n couldn't hate her mother for what she did; but then she reminded herself of how forgiving she had always been.