SIXTY-SIX

"So did you end up finding your mother in the last thirty years?" Peter asked as he and Juliet were walking to the base. Juliet shook her head. 

"No, for whatever reason, she wasn't roped into the curse. But I did meet my aunt though." Peter raised an eyebrow. 

"Your aunt?" The redhead chuckled. 

"The Evil Queen. Yeah, the curse gave me an opportunity to live with her and get to know the woman my mom held a grudge against for years. I don't think she really knows who I am, but..." She looked down at the ground. Peter stopped walking, concerned. 

"What is it?" She looked up at him, thinking about what to say.

"I don't know. I guess it just made it worse. I mean, my mom sent me away so she could focus on getting her revenge, and Regina doesn't even know who she is. It just seems like she cast me out of her life for no reason." She noticed the expression on Peter's face, and shrugged. "I don't really want to talk about her." Peter nodded, and they started to walk again. 

"Okay, so anything interesting happen?" Juliet scoffed. 

"Why are you asking me? Wouldn't you know already, since you kept sending your shadow to spy on me?" Peter smirked. 

"That was only a couple of times, so I didn't get a full picture. I want to know everything that happened." He grabbed her hand while walking. 

"It wasn't really anything. For twenty-eight years, we were all stuck in this sort of time loop. We didn't age. We just kind of repeated the same day over and over again. I only started remembering fragments of who I am after Emma came to town." Peter tilted his head. "Emma is the savior. She's the one who broke the curse." Peter nodded. "And then after the curse was broken, Emma, Snow White, and I got sent to the Enchanted Forest where I met my grandmother. That wasn't fun. Then there were these two people who were trying to destroy magic. Other than that, nothing really happened." 

They arrived at the Lost Boys' camp. Peter grabbed her hand, leading Juliet to what looked like his sleeping area. 

"I figured you could sleep here until we get some space set up for you. It has been thirty years, after all." I smiled, turning my head to face him. 

"It's great." After a few minutes of talking, one of the lost boys came up to Peter and started whispering something in his ear. His smile dropped. He nodded at whatever the boy was saying and then mumbled something Juliet couldn't understand. He then turned to her. 

"I'm really sorry to cut this short, but I have something to take care of." He leaned forward and gave Juliet a quick peck before following the rest of the lost boys out of the base. Juliet sat down on the makeshift bed. 

It didn't take long before Peter returned, holding an unconscious Henry over his shoulder. Juliet quickly scrambled to her feet. 

"Oh my god, Henry." Peter set him down on the ground. "Is he okay?" Peter nodded. 

"Yeah, he just hasn't woken up from that sleeping powder Rumplestiltskin used on him. He should wake up soon." Juliet crouched down next to Henry, checking his wrist for a pulse. Peter chuckled. "See, I told you he was fine." The lost boys started to get the camp ready for a bonfire party. Peter held out his hand. "To celebrate your return and Henry, we're throwing a party." Juliet smiled. 

As the party started, Juliet noticed that Henry had woken up. Peter was talking to him, and Juliet walked over. 

"Henry!" The young boy looked up to see Juliet, and he beamed. 

"Juliet?" Juliet hugged her adopted cousin. "How did you get here?" Juliet shrugged, smiling. 

"I really don't know. I just saw you get pulled through that portal and then I knew I needed to find you, and one opened." Peter raised an eyebrow, intrigued by this detail. But he didn't say anything about this, he just stood up. 

"I'd like to play a song. A song for our guest of honor. Henry." He patted Henry on the back, and took out his flute. As he played, Juliet looked around, smiling. For the first time since the curse, she finally felt like she was home again.