NINETY-ONE

STORYBROOKE

"He's gone." Juliet turned her head to see Emma walk into Granny's with a worried look on her face. She assumed Emma was talking about Henry. 

"What do you mean, gone?" Regina asked, holding the fairytale book. Emma shrugged.

"I mean, he's not in the room. He's not in the parlor. My keys are gone. My car keys." Regina stood up quickly.

"Give me something of his. I'll try a locator spell." Emma pulled out her phone, typing on it.

"I'm way ahead of you. I've got GPS on his phone." Juliet folded her arms. If this was what she thought it was, it wasn't good. An alert pinged on Emma's phone. "He's at the docks." She exclaimed. The group ran out of Granny's and into the snow. 

The snowy weather slowed them down a little but not for long. When they got to the docks, they heard screeching noises coming from the boathouse. Immediately recognizing the voice, they ran inside. 

Hook was shooting the flying monkeys to keep them away from Henry. Unfortunately, right as Henry tripped over a rope, Hook ran out of bullets. He seriously considered throwing the gun at the monkey until Emma fired her gun at it. It evaporated into smoke. David threw a sword at the other, which met the same fate. 

"I never liked pets." Regina remarked as she set fire to another monkey. Once the monkeys were dealt with, Emma ran over to help Henry off the floor.

"Henry, are you okay?" She asked. 

"Yeah, but what were those things." Henry looked behind him, extremely confused. "And why does he have a sword?" Emma sighed.

"It's all gonna make sense in a minute, I promise." Henry raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry I was keeping things from you. You were right." She handed him the book. "You deserve to know the truth." He looked at the book. 

"About fairy tales? I don't understand." 

"Do you trust me?" Emma asked. Henry sighed.

"Yes, of course I do." Emma nodded.

"Then I need you to believe." Henry tilted his head.

"Believe in what?" 

"Believe in magic." Henry looked at the book, then back at his mom.

"From a book?" Emma nodded.

"It's more than just a book." After a minute, "Do you believe in me?" 

"Yes." He responded. Emma sighed.

"Then take it." Henry looked back down at the book. Juliet folded her arms in anticipation. As soon as Henry grabbed the book, he opened his eyes wide as if every memory was coming back to him. Emma took a step back to let him process. After a minute, he looked back at Emma. 

"Mom?" Emma had tears in her eyes. Henry looked at Regina. "Mom!" He exclaimed. Juliet grinned. Regina ran forward to hug Henry. 

"I remember." He chuckled. "I remember." Regina put her hands on Henry's shoulders, facing him toward Emma. 

"Do it, Emma. Break the curse." Emma nodded, kissing Henry's forehead. But before she could, he disappeared. 

"I'm so sorry to interrupt." Juliet's head whipped up at her mother's voice. She was holding Henry in place by the neck. "Now who wants to say goodbye first?" Henry struggled.

"Who are you?" Zelena chuckled.

"You can call me Auntie Zelena." Henry looked over at Juliet. Regina sighed, stepping forward.

"Enough of this!" She went to use magic, but Zelena threw her backwards. 

"Let him go." Emma pleaded. "He had nothing to do with this." Zelena shrugged.

"Don't blame me. The Captain failed me." Juliet turned her head to glare at Hook. 

"Damn you, Zelena." He remarked. Emma looked confused.

"Hook, what is she talking about?" 

"You were working with her?" Juliet asked. 

"He knew what the price of that failure was." Zelena continued her train of thought. "Your son's life." She started to choke Henry. 

"Mom." Henry choked out. Emma sighed, closing her eyes. A bright light shone over Zelena and Henry. Soon, smoke started emanating from Zelena's hands. She screamed in pain, letting go of the boy. He ran back to Emma while Zelena quickly recovered. She huffed in annoyance.

"Enjoy this moment together." She warned. "Cause you don't have many left!" She turned around, evaporating in a cloud of green smoke. As soon as she was gone, Juliet turned her attention to her unconscious aunt. 

"Henry, you okay?" Emma asked. 

"Yeah." He answered before crouching down to try to wake Regina. "Mom!" He shouted, starting to shake her. "Mom! Mom! Mom, please. Wake up!" After about a minute, she opened her eyes. She looked up at her son, bringing her hand to his face. 

"Henry." She muttered. Standing up, she enveloped Henry in a hug. "Henry, oh Henry." Tears were forming in her eyes. "I will never let you go again. I promise. I love you Henry." She leaned in to kiss his forehead. As soon as she did, a ripple of light burst through the barn and through the town. 

Juliet took a step back, her memories of the last year coming back to her. She looked at Regina. 

"It wasn't me." Emma noted. "It was you." She turned back to her parents. "Mary Margaret. David. Did it work? Do you remember the missing year?" Mary Margaret looked apprehensive. Juliet folded her arms, remembering.

"Yes. Everything." 

"How did Zelena cast the curse?" Emma asked. Mary Margaret shook her head.

"She didn't, Emma. We did." Emma's face turned into a look of confusion.

"You cursed yourselves?" Mary Margaret smiled. 

"Zelena's weakness is light magic. I mean, it's clear now, more than ever. You are the only one who can defeat her."

"That's why we paid the price of Regina's curse." David added. "To find you." 

"The price of the curse is the heart of the thing you love most." Emma remarked. "If one of you cast it, how are you both still here?"