FOURTEEN

Juliet sat in one of the chairs in the large dining room. On her left was Paisley. They looked at each other, then back at the couple in front of them. "So, what realm are you two from?" Juliet shrugged. "Oz." The guy nodded. "And you?" All eyes were on Paisley. She muttered something. "Paisley?" Paisley muttered again. Juliet looked at the couple. "Could you speak a little louder, please?" Paisley sighed. "Wonderland." Juliet's eyes widened.

"Why haven't you mentioned anything to me?" Paisley fidgeted. "I don't like talking about my past." The woman looked concerned. "Wait, if you're from Wonderland, did you know who the Queen of Hearts was?" Paisley nodded. "Yeah I know Cora- I mean the Queen of Hearts." Juliet coughed. "Wait, did you say Cora?" Paisley shrugged. "Yeah." Juliet nodded. The woman noticed the expression on Juliet's face. "What is it?" Juliet sighed. "She's my grandmother, she's also the one who Hook was selling us to."

Juliet and Paisley walked through the castle. Snow and Charming had gone in another room to discuss something. "What do you think's going to happen to us, Paisley?" Paisley looked up at her friend. "Honestly, Juliet, I don't know." Juliet plopped down in a chair. "What if we never get back? What if Cora comes to get us? What if-" Paisley sat down next to Juliet. "Juliet, listen to me. We are in a safe place with a couple who seem trustworthy. We couldn't be safer. So let's enjoy actually being in a castle." Juliet nodded. "I guess you're right." Paisley sat up straighter. "Of course I am." They both stood up right as Snow and Charming returned.

"I'm afraid we have some bad news." Snow began. "Regina, the queen, has cast a dark curse that is coming. I'm so sorry we had to cut this short." Juliet looked at Paisley, her eyes widened. "W-what will this curse do?" Charming shook his head. "We don't exactly know. All she said was it will destroy all our happiness." Well there's no way to do that to me, Juliet thought. Because Pan's all the way in Neverland. She looked down. Snow and Charming looked at each other, then at the girls. "We'll leave you two be." They left the room once more. Juliet and Paisley nervously glanced at each other.

"If this curse destroys our happiness, do you think we'll be separated?" Paisley shook her head, a smile on her face. "You can't separate us. It won't work." Juliet smiled.