✧ Eleven ✧

Damon

It was a struggle not to tell Jamie the truth. But I wasn't ready yet. Especially now that I knew he wanted a baby, and I didn't want to fuck that up. And this could really fuck it up. And he knew I was hiding something.
I'd catching him looking at me, looking at me sympathetically. I was dying to tell him, but I knew I had to wait.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He capped the lid to the permanent marker in his hands, moving out of the way to show off the calendar that was now hanging on our wall with Jane's ovulation days in big bold letters.
"Mm, nothing turns me on more than knowing when your sister is ovulating." I snorted.
"I know right, doesn't it just make you wish you could get your rocks off right now?"
I laughed. "That reminds me, you know how torturous it is that I can't cum until she's a fertile myrtle?"
"Yeah, well your future son or daughter apologize in advance for all the blue balls that I'm gonna give you." He smirked and blew me a kiss.
"You're such a brat." I rolled my eyes. "I should give you blue balls for even suggesting giving me blue balls."
That made him roll his eyes at me, "As soon as she gets a positive, we can go at it until one of us goes into heart failure."
"How long are we going to try for?" I scratched the back of my neck. "I mean like...how many negative tests are we willing to be okay with?"
He looked at me weird, "I don't really know...I was hoping until we get a positive, but I know realistically, that might not happen."
"So then...maybe we should have a cut off? Like, if she doesn't get pregnant within say two months, maybe we should go about it another way?"
"What kind of other way?"
"Adoption, maybe?"
"That could take years, though."
"Or...I don't know, maybe we could talk to Ashlie and have you be the biological dad."
He hesitated. "Two months is a short window."
"I know, baby, but I'm thinking realistically."
"Why does it have to be two months?"
"Just trust me, Jamie. Three at the longest, okay?"
He hesitated, looking annoyed. "Three at the longest."
"Thank you."
He crossed his arms, annoyed. But he didn't say anything else.