✧ Nine ✧

Damon

Flashback

          It'd been a few months since we started seeing each other, but there was still one major thing that I hadn't done, yet. "What day is it today?" I asked him, even though I knew what day it was.
     "August 17th," He looked at his phone. "Why?"
     "Jamie," I cupped his face and made him look at me. "Will you be my boyfriend?"
     He hesitated, his big blue eyes lighting up. "Of course!"

Flashback End

     Tomorrow, me and Jamie have been together a full four years and it would mark more to come.
     Today, however, is the rehearsal dinner. The bridal party, both of our parents, and all of our siblings would be staying at the Camden and then everyone else would come in tomorrow.

     Rehearsal was a long two hours worth of stress, we might be able to pull it off in our sleep we had to practice it so many times. But it'd be so worth it for anything to go perfect tomorrow.
     Now that it was over, Jamie and I had made plans to spend our last night as an engaged couple just having a quiet night. We were gonna go to dinner and then take a walk before we had to leave each other for the night. Just thinking that tomorrow I was about to marry the most wonderful man in the world...that just gave me chills.
     We were eating in a nice little family restaurant in our pajamas, we got a few odd stares, but other than that, no one said a word.
     "I can't believe we're finally getting married." He smiled.
     I leaned across the booth and kissed his lips delicately, leaving him speechless. "Me either, babe."
     We took our time with ordering and then ate slowly, then just sat there and talked. I had missed my Jamie and I couldn't wait for tomorrow because that meant Jamie would be mine forever.
     "I almost don't want to go back to the hotel." He sighed as we walked through a park.
     "How come?" I asked even though I felt the same way.
     He leaned into me and let out a sigh, "Because if we go back, I won't see you until six-thirty tomorrow."
     I laughed lightly and kissed the top of his head, we were nearing the Camden. "I love you so much."
     Jamie looked up at me, his big blue eyes full of excitement and love. "Tomorrow's going to be surreal, Damon."
     "I know babe, I know."

     I woke up to the sickly sounds of my own gagging. I climbed out of the hotel bed and made my way to the bathroom.
     The fluorescent lighting was killing my sleep deprived eyes. Immediately, I began retching into the open toilet next to me.
     "Jesus Christ, Damon." I heard Christian's sleep filled voice from the door way. "Are you alright?"
     As soon as I was confident that I wasn't going to lose what was left in my stomach of my dinner, I closed the lid and flushed. The foul smell of stomach acid burning my eyes. "I'll be fine." I waved him off.
     "Is it nerves?"
     "No." I cut him off.
     "Did you get a bad dinner?" Now he was wide awake.
     "No." I repeated, just looking at the tiled floor. I could feel the tears prickling.
     And then it was like something clicked in his head, and he just knew. "Oh my God." Was all he said.
     "Please don't say anything." I said, weakly.
     "Does...does Jamie know, yet?"
     "Not yet," I shook my head, which made me feel even more nauseas. "I'm gonna tell him after the wedding."
     "Why would you wait so long to tell him?" He demanded. "Don't you think that's...selfish?"
     "No, what would be selfish would be to tell him. We - he put so much work into this wedding, I don't want him to cancel it over nothing."
     "Over nothing?" My brother was appalled. "Damon, this isn't nothing."
     "For now it's nothing." I chided. "I'm gonna tell him after the wedding...I promise."
     "If you don't," He pointed a threatening finger at me. "I will."
     Christian returned to bed, leaving me sitting next to the toilet for a majority of the night.