✧ Fourteen ✧

Damon

A few days after the attic incident, Janey texted us, saying that her fertile window had begun, meaning she was gonna be legs spread, coochie all out on one of the guest beds. Every single day. For a week.

We decided to do this the old fashioned way, and just make a baby ourselves. Just to clarify: I'm not having sex with her, we were doing it the second old fashioned way: basting her up.

For six of the seven days, I came inside of a specimen cup and her best friend, Ivy, who was a nurse in a clinic, shot her up with my baby batter. On the seventh day, she gave me an interesting inclination.

"Do you want to do it?" Ivy looked at me.

We were sitting on the bed by Jane's head. I looked at Jamie, who in turn looked at me, and then Ivy. "Do what?" I questioned.

"Do you wanna inseminate her?"

"Excuse me?"

She laughed and my sister in law tipped her head back so that she could see me. "Do you wanna push the catheter in? You don't even have to look."

I looked at Jamie, "Do you wanna do it?"

"I don't wanna be anywhere near Janey's cooch, no offense, Jane, I'm sure it's beautiful." He upturned his eyes. "Go ahead if you want to, though."

I hesitated for a second before deciding what the hell. Why not. I kept my focus on Jamie's pretty face, letting Ivy guide my hands, I pushed where she told me to.

"With this being the seventh time I've had done this, this time was the most strangest, considering Damon was the one to do it this time."

"Well, let's hope you get pregnant, because I don't ever wanna have my hand nearly in your vagina ever again."

And then for at least twenty to thirty minutes, Janey would sit with a pillow under her butt and her legs spread up in the air. That was the longest week of my life. I'm not even gonna lie.

I always wanted kids, but I didn't see myself having them right away. And I knew Jamie wanted kids, but he'd never really let on to how much he'd wanted them until the day after our wedding. But sitting with Janey while she was being inseminated - and then actually doing it myself, it was making me super excited.

I couldn't wait until Jamie and I had a baby of our own.