✧ Twenty-Nine ✧

Damon

I always woke up after Jamie climbed back into the bed. I don't know if it was the way he wrapped his arms around me, or if it was the way he buried his face into my chest, but I loved it. I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him closer, and got comfortable.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was all alone. His spot in the bed was still warm, meaning he'd only recently gotten up. I followed my nose to the kitchen where he was standing at the stove, making something.
"Afternoon," He looked over his shoulder at me. "Do you want one?"
I set my hands on his shoulders, squeezing them. I could feel his muscles underneath tensing up. My poor baby, he was so stressed out about everything and everything.
"Nah," I shook my head, looking to examine the omelette he was in the middle of making.
"Suit yourself," he shrugged me off and I hugged him from behind, letting him feel my morning - afternoon, technically I guess - wood. Only it was always a bit awkward because of his height. Instead of poking him in the butt like I wished, it poked him in the back. "You're such a horndog," he looked at me and rolled his eyes. "You haven't even been up for five minutes and you've already got a boner?"
I chuckled and kissed his temple. "I can't help it, you drive me crazy."
He deadpanned me and then rolled his eyes. "Well put it away, Jane's on her way over."
"How come?"
"I forgot to tell you," he turned off the stove and flipped his food onto a plate. "Jane asked me to go with her to her ultrasound."
"Should I go, too?"
He shrugged and sat at the table. "If you want to go, you can. She'll be here any minute. So if you wanna, you better get ready."
I gave him a peck on the top of his head and dashed back up the stairs. I got a quick shower, and then brushed my teeth. I wrapped a towel around my waist and ran for our bedroom. I could've sworn I heard her voice while I was brushing my teeth. The last thing I needed was for her to see me scurrying around the house butt naked.
I threw on jeans and a white t-short before sliding on a pair of vans and a sweater.
I left our room and noticed the door to the nursery was open.
Sure enough, Jane was standing in the middle of the room, looking amazed.
"It was almost completely ready when you dropped it on us." I stood against the door frame.
She jumped, startled, and looked over her shoulder at me. "It's beautiful in here."
"Jamie picked this room to be the nursery when we first moved in. He picked everything out, making sure everything completely perfect."
"Sounds just like Jamie." She said, softly.
I hesitated. "You know you really hurt him. Especially waiting so long into your pregnancy to say something. He's so stressed out and upset over it, he doesn't even know if he wants kids anymore if they aren't ours."
"I didn't mean for it to happen," She gave me a guilty look. And I was glad. I wanted her to feel that way. I wanted her to know how much she hurt him.
"Well," I crossed my arms over my chest. "You did. And he's been feeling this way ever since."
I could tell I was making her uncomfortable. She didn't say anything else to me as she pushed passed me to leave the nursery. I couldn't tell if she was crying or not, but is it bad that a part of me was secretly hoping she was? I shrugged it off and closed the door behind me, going back downstairs.
"What did you say to her?" Jamie was waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. His hands were on his hips and he looked annoyed.
"I didn't say anything. Why?"
"That's shit and you know it. She just ran out to her car, crying."
I rolled my eyes and let out a breath I hadn't even realized I was holding. "I told her how you felt. That was all."
"Do you really think now was the right time do that?"
"Yes, Jameison, I do." I pulled him into by his hips. "It isn't fair to you in this situation."
He let out a sigh but buried his face into my chest. "I know it's not."
I kissed the top of his head. "I'm pretty sure I actually got through to her."
"The tears were a dead giveaway." I felt like he was smirking, but since I couldn't see his face, I wasn't too sure. But I'm almost certain he was. "We should probably get going."

Both babies were being stubborn. They were already head down and curled up right into each other, with their little backs turned; the tech made her walk around for a few minutes to see if they shifted. And much to our luck. They moved just enough to see everything.
"Would you like to know the sex?" The tech asked, looking between the three of us. Jane just shrugged, but Jamie and I anxiously nodded.
"Wait a minute," Jane looked over at Jamie, apologetically. "Can you tell just me...I want to surprise them."
The tech hesitated, looking confused at first but then nodded, "Yeah, that's no problem."
Jamie raised his brow at me, and I shrugged back at him. Jane just smiled as she looked at her twin. I didn't know what she had planned, but I had a feeling it was because of what I said to her...