✧ Nineteen ✧

Jamie

As promised, Damon called the doctor the day after we found out Jane was pregnant. That was last week, and now, was his appointment. He wasn't getting any kind of treatment today. As far as I knew, it was just an x-ray on the tumor to judge it's growth and then they were gonna go from there.
I was anxious, and I couldn't sit still in my seat.
"Are you okay?" He questioned me.
I shook my head and then shrugged, not able to answer as the doctor called for him, "Camp?"
The doctor lead me to an exam room where he told me to wait while Damon followed him to go get his x-rays. It was another ten minutes before they returned. Damon sat on the exam table and I sat out in the chair.
"Well, the good news is that the tumor is still very small. It hasn't grown at all since we've discovered it, and there haven't been any other tumor growths on any other organs." His doctor stuck his x-rays to the light board.
It made me sick to my stomach to be able to see the mass, even if it was small, I knew what it was capable of.
"That is good," Damon nodded. "I wanna start talking about my treatment options."
His doctor made a face like he was impressed. "What made you change your mind? You were so adamant on delaying."
My husband looked over at me, and I looked away guiltily. Uh-uh. I wasn't apart of that decision, I wasn't about to go down for it. "I had things I had to do first."
"More important than your own health?"
"Don't waste your breath on it, I already chided him about how dumb he was."
The doctor chuckled but said nothing more to me. I just couldn't wait to get out of there.