✧ Twenty ✧

Jamie

     Was it possible for my back to snap under the weight of my backpack? Because I was pretty sure it was close to snapping. I was exhausted enough as it was. I had work three times a week from 7 at night to 7 in the morning, and then I had varying classes through out the week, and I was stressed out about Damon and stressing over the baby on top of that.
     It was a good thing I wasn't the one having a baby. I was way too stressed out for a pregnancy.
     I was about to open the door to our bedroom when I heard Damon talking behind it. "...No, that won't work. Jamie doesn't have school until 2:30, and I have...some stuff to take care of."
     Who the hell was he talking to?
     "No, no, I'm excited about it, too. I'd never even would have thought of it if you hadn't brought it up but I think it's the best idea ever, honestly."
     I waited until I couldn't hear him talking anymore, so I threw the door open obnoxiously just to find that he was already ending the call.
     "Hey baby." He smiled, getting comfortable.
     "Hey." I tossed my backpack off, throwing myself on to the bed.
     "Why are you in a bad mood?"
     "I'm not." I rolled my eyes, even if he couldn't see.
     "Jameison—"

     "I'm fine, Damon. I'm not in a bad mood. I've just got a lot of homework. I have to go to work soon, and my back is killing me."
     "Jameison, I've been with you long enough to know when something's bothering you."
     I shook my head. "I just told you."
     "Okay." He didn't believe me. "Then let me massage your back."
     "Okay." I pulled my shirt off and purposely ignored when he let out a whistle. I stripped down to my boxer briefs and laid on my stomach on the bed.
     He straddled my butt, his hands instantly going to work, kneading the knots out of my sore muscles, "You should let me rub your back more often." He purred, leaning down to kiss my temple.
     "You never offer to." I sighed as he squeezed my shoulder blades.
     "You can just ask me, I'd be more than happy to." I stayed quiet, so he kept talking. "What's gotten under your skin, Jamie?"
     "Nothing." I wanted to roll him off of me, but I resisted it. His hands felt too good.
     "No, Jamie. We're married. We work things out by communicating, not by bottling them away. Something's wrong and I want to know what it is."
     I hesitated. "I heard you talking on the phone. Telling someone that they had such a great idea and that you'd never thought of anything like it before. What was all that about? Who was that?"
     "You heard all that?" He stopped rubbing my back.
     "Obviously."
     "You don't have to worry about any of that, okay? Just let it go, Jamie, honestly."
     "That doesn't sound suspicious in the slightest."
     "Do you think I'm cheating on you?" He climbed off of me and turned me over. "Is that what you really think?"
     "I don't know what I think." I shrugged.
     "Jamie why would you think that? I mean...what in the world would ever in make you think I'd cheat on you?"
     "Because I get ready to open the door and all of a sudden I hear you being like sneaky over the phone, don't you think that sounds just a little bit suspicious?"
     "Okay so you were eavesdropping?" Now he looked hurt. "I've never once gone behind your back about anything."
     "Would you rather I have just barged right in? No." I gritted my jaw. "You went behind my back about the cancer. You went behind my back around the sperm bank, how am I supposed to know when you are and aren't hiding something from me?"
     "Are you still on that, Jameison? I thought we got passed all that!"
     "Okay, I'm sorry that I'm paranoid that you're hiding something from me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."
     "Jamie," he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. "I'm not going behind your back on anything. I told you everything there was to tell you. I was talking to your sister about surprising you with something. That's all."
     "What?" I demanded.
     "Yes." He sighed. "We have a surprised planned for you, I'm sorry that I made you think something worse."
     I felt my eyes getting wet. "I'm really fucking sorry."
     He kissed me hard, kissing my cheek and then my forehead. "No, no, baby, it's alright. While I don't like being accused for over nothing, but you've been through a lot. I'm not mad." He let out a deep sigh before kissing me again, and laying his head on my chest. "Jamie, baby, I'd never do something to intentionally hurt you. You know I'd never do that."
     I licked my lips and swallowed the lump in my throat. "I know."
     "I love you, Jamie. Never forget and never, even for a second, think that I don't."
     I kissed the top of his head, breathing in the scent of his hair. It smelled liked strawberries and cream for some reason made me feel calm.
     I loved this man, why did I think any less.