✧Thirty-One✧

Damon

We had only gotten home recently, and as it was close to eleven, Jamie was getting ready to go to work. After getting home, we had quickest everything in the nursery, gotten a shower, and now, I was lying in bed while he was getting dressed. "Are you working tomorrow night?"
"No." He began to tie his scrubs. "How come?"
"I was thinking...we should spend a night at the cabin, leave out when you get home in the morning and stay the night. It'll be the last time we get since I start my rounds soon, and then the boys will be here before we know it."
I smiled at him. "We haven't been out there in forever."
"Then I think it's time we did, don't you?"
He smirked at me, "I'll be home at seven-thirty."
Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I hugged him tight and he kissed the top of my head, he blew me a kiss and then left, telling me he loved me.
The last time we had been at the cabin, was about two years ago, and we had been celebrating our anniversary.
I went to bed, excitedly anticipating when Jamie would wake me up by coming home in the morning.
I ended up being so excited, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to pack an overnight bag, throwing a pair of comfy clothes for the two of us into it. Not even that we'd be wearing them for very long. Heh.

"Damon," I was vaguely aware of being shook. "Hey, hun, wake up." I felt my eyes creep open, and Jamie was sitting off next to me.
"I'm up, I'm up," My eyes opened wide now, I don't even remember falling asleep.
"I missed you." He pecked my cheek.
"Not as much as I missed you." I quickly smiled, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into me, cuddling him. "When do you wanna leave,"
"Whenever you'd like." He kissed my forehead.
"How about we cuddle for a few more minutes?"

'Cuddling for a few more minutes,' Translated into falling back asleep for a couple of hours, and when we got back up, we decided to head on our way, it took another half hour to get there.
I pulled into its little gravel and dirt driveway and we climbed out. I unlocked the front door, and let Jamie go in first.
"It's dusty as hell," He coughed, harshly, clicking on the light.
"Yeah, home sweet home." I smirked, proudly as I closed the door behind me. "It's all part of her character."
He rolled his eyes but laughed at me, and proceeded to air out the cabin.
We spend the rest of the day just relaxing and cuddling. But once it was getting dark, I began massaging his shoulders. "Should we bring the mattress out here again, just like that night?"
He looked at me, almost embarrassed like, and his cheeks tinted pink. "Are you tryna recreate that night?"
"I can't guarantee I can do you the same, but I can try." I smirked.
He hesitated, and then bit his lip. "Let's go get it."