✧ Twenty-One ✧

Damon

     "Bye, Jamie." I kissed him with a gentle touch.
     "Bye." His voice was barely louder than a whisper as he kissed me back and then left.
     I knew he wanted to skip class, but I also knew he couldn't with the fact that he had a huge final exam today, and him passing it determined him passing this class. He didn't want to go because one. he was exhausted, and two. today was Janey's ultrasound, and he had to miss it.
     I had picked her up, mobbed by Roman who was ready to play the second he seen me (I told ya, I'm the fun uncle), and then we were on our way. Jane hugged and kissed her son and promised to be back, soon.
     She was fifteen weeks today, and Christmas was just right around the corner. I still didn't know what to get Jamie for Christmas, yet.

     The ultrasound tech definitely thought the two of us were a couple, and it made me queasy. She kept making remarks about us being a couple, and then she'd asked us if we were together, to which we clarified no, but that didn't stop her.
     Janey gave me a reassuring smile, "it's almost over," she whispered when the tech had her back turned.
     The tech snapped a couple pictures and told us that everything looked perfect, and when she asked if we wanted to know the sex, I said no. Jane looked a little surprised, but that was something I wanted Jamie here for.
     After she was cleaned up and I had the beautiful pictures in hand, we left.

     The two of us had come up with a plan, because Jamie didn't really have a part in this whole in the pregnant, aside from being the biological uncle until everything is completely finalized. But Jane, has a great idea. We were putting together a whole scrapbook sort of idea of the entire pregnancy and birth, giving it to Jamie shortly after.
     That's what Jamie overheard.
     A couple of weeks after she announced she was pregnant, we started taking pictures in the park every week. And watching her bump growing every single week, knowing that mine and Jamie's baby was growing, I was so fucking excited.

     I returned back to the house. Jamie wouldn't be home for another hour or so.
     And then some thoughts hit me, I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy. Jamie wasn't involved in this process. His sister was, not him. How did that make him feel? Did that realization even hit him yet?

     "Hey, baby." Jamie woke me up by laying on top of me.
     "You know," I chuckled and yawned, "this is just making me more comfortable to sleep."
     He chuckled but nuzzled his face against my bare chest. "Mind if I nap with you?"
     "Then why wake me?"
     He hesitated, "Because, I wanted you to know I was here."
     I kissed the top of his head and chuckled. "I love you."
     But I didn't get a response. I ran my fingers through his hair, listening to his gentle snores. He was so exhausted.